Can i charge my UPS from my car ac outlet?

Xtreme Gamer

Can I charge my turned off UPS from my car ac outlet? Thanks for the help!!!!

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

It depends. If you've installed an inverter in your car and it's powerful enough, then sure. If the AC outlet is one of those pass-thoughs for the cabin heater, it's not plugged into anything. It's just a wire that leads to the front of the car and there's a plug in there that takes one of these.

you would need a converter 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

6 minutes ago, Xtreme Gamer said:

Can I charge my turned off UPS from my car ac outlet? Thanks for the help!!!!

All i know is that i can charge a laptop tablet and phone off of it. The laptop would be charged separately obviously

I7-6700k, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, 2 x 8GB Corsair Dominator Plantinum ram, ASUS GTX 960 STRIX, sound blaster zx, 1TB boot drive ssd, 128GB/256GB storage ssd, 1TB storage HDD, 4TB of storage (backup),Windows 10 Pro,1000w psu

2 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

It depends. If you've installed an inverter in your car and it's powerful enough, then sure. If the AC outlet is one of those pass-thoughs for the cabin heater, it's not plugged into anything. It's just a wire that leads to the front of the car and there's a plug in there that takes one of these.

All i know is that i can charge a laptop tablet and phone off of it. The laptop would be charged separately obviously. Also, i havent installed any ibverter or anything in the car.

Well if the alternator is strong enough then why not. How much does the UPS pull from the wall at home?

3 hours ago, stationvsbox said:

Well if the alternator is strong enough then why not. How much does the UPS pull from the wall at home?

Thd UPS pulls about 120v from the wall when on. But it is going to stay off when charging. So if its off, is it safe to charge it in the car?

37 minutes ago, Xtreme Gamer said:

-SNIP-

It depends on your DC to AC converter and how many watts it can supply but if your UPS is off and not under any load with stuff on it then it shouldn't have any issue just to top off the battery. If you also plan on powering stuff that is a different story, depending on what your doing I would recommend to go for a pure DC to DC system for powering things and skip the DC to AC to DC conversion since there are huge inefficiencies.