Does it matter which side the cpu cooler's fan is?

razak3l
Go to solution Solved by TheRedViper,
Just now, razak3l said:

We guchi ?

14599873_692636230929261_1866575604_o.jpg

yes we guchi

So I got my be quiet pure rock cooler and i installed the fan on the right side which is close to my case's fan, a friend of mine told me i should put it on the other side in order for the air to flow through the tower, what should i do? I'll post a picture as well.

14614449_692624480930436_1874519669_o.jpg

It should be oriented on the other side because the two fans(along with the rest of them) will conflict with each other. They are opposing each other with airflow. Put the fan on the other side so the heat is effectively pushed into the exhaust fan.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Just make sure the direction of the air is not oposite of your case fan, if not, it doesn't matter to much.
C = case
H= heatsing
> < = airflow

This is fine
C< H<
This is also fine
C< <H
This is not
C< >H

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

It depends what your airflow setup is. If your fan on the left is your exhaust fan, then you can just put your fan on the cooler in pull, so they both pull in the same direction (which will be meant to pull hot air out), but you can also place it on the other side and keep it in pull which will make your exhaust fan pull hot air out and your cooler fan pull fresh air in your tower.

I used to have a Noctua NH-D15 with dual fans, each fans was pulling on the left side of the tower and the exhaust was pulling too.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

1 minute ago, TheRedViper said:

It depends what your airflow setup is. If your fan on the left is your exhaust fan, then you can just put your fan on the cooler in pull, so they both pull in the same direction (which will be meant to pull hot air out), but you can also place it on the other side and keep it in pull which will make your exhaust fan pull hot air out and your cooler fan pull fresh air in your tower.

I'll put it on the other side, does it matter how I put it? With logo back or front ?

Just now, razak3l said:

I'll put it on the other side, does it matter how I put it? With logo back or front ?

If you look on the side of the fan, there will be an arrow pointing in the direction that the air flows, make sure that is pointing to your casefan

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

3 minutes ago, razak3l said:

Just make sure your fan sucks air in the same direction as exhaust. Some fans don't have the arrows to show direction, but the general rule is that the air is coming out of the side where you can see the tag on the rotor.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

Like this, where you can see the specs and the cable hanging out. This is where the air is coming out normally, so stick that side on the right side of your tower

EFB1248VHE.jpg

10 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

Like this, where you can see the specs and the cable hanging out. This is where the air is coming out normally, so stick that side on the right side of your tower

EFB1248VHE.jpg

We guchi ?

Just now, razak3l said:

We guchi ?

yes we guchi

1 minute ago, TheRedViper said:

yes we guchi

Awesome, thanks guys

I like the Cooler and the Backplate. Looks nice. Now get some sweet LED Fans and you are done :P

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Push or pull doesn't matter in terms of temps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv