Does DJI Mavic work without a phone?

MrWorldBerg
Go to solution Solved by MrWorldBerg,

True, I huess DJI does have a better track record. DJI is my choice then! 

Hello! I was wondering can I use a DJI Mavic without a phone? Or is GoPro Karma better?

I think you can, but you wouldn't want to. Like how would you know what the camera is looking at? Keep in mind this aircraft is designed and built to basically be a tripod in the sky, not a toy you fly around the park. That's why it's $1000. I would stay away from the Karma as GoPro is a camera company, not a drone company. Meanwhile DJI is a drone company that also happens to have gotten pretty damn good at making compact cameras for their aircraft.

ASU

Ok. I still thinking that the Karma is better. I don't wan't to drain my phone but also want to use a drone for takings those drones shots!

17 minutes ago, MrWorldBerg said:

Ok. I still thinking that the Karma is better. I don't wan't to drain my phone but also want to use a drone for takings those drones shots!

Why do you think that? I don't know much about the Karma, but I trust DJI's track record and experience. Keep in mind GoPro has only made cameras up until this point.

ASU

According to most of the big DJI forums, it does work without a phone. You just won't be able to fpv it.

Looking at reviews so far the mavic (just google dji mavic v karma go pro) I have not seen one review that says the karma is better.

Have put in an order for one and I'm sure it's going to replace my phantom 3 just for the convenience factor alone instead of lugging about a big case everywhere!

Going to try and get work to replace their phantom 3 as I hate having to drag a big huge fucking case up the hills etc (work for the forestry commission and I already have to carry a huge rucksack which just has no room for a phantom and extra equipment I need to carry) so a mavic would be ideal for it.

Quick edit. As for draining your phone you can easily carry a powerpack with you ( take up minimal space anyway)

Edited by Razzy_85

CPU: Ryzen 2700x Cooler: NZXT x52 Kraken Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair Vii RAM: Team Darkgroup 3600 16GB DDR4 GPU: Palit GTX 1080 Gamerock SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256 GB, 500gb 870 Evo, 250gb 970 Evo m.2 HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracude Case: Meshify C PSU: Corsair AX860i OS: Windows 10 Pro

Laptop: MSI GS70 2QE

True, I huess DJI does have a better track record. DJI is my choice then!