1 ch pwm controller

Tsx
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
2 hours ago, Tsx said:

Both are together. One white and one black. Yes I could use the pwm from the cpu but the cpu cooler is from noctua with two different sizes of fans. Don't won't to mix it with my 120mm case fans.

Mixing them is fine and the cpu_fan header provides the most reliable pwm signal.

Hi,

I build a new mitx system. My problem after all finished ... pwm controlling.

I have a GA-Z170N-WIFI with a 6 ch pwm splitter where are 5 eloop 120mm connected. Idea was to connect the splitter to the 4pin pwm mobo system fan connection so the splitter could mirror the signal to all fan. 

Now after some mails with the manufacturer from mobo, splitter and fan I am bit disappointed about gigabyte. Fans are like the splitter real pwm. The mobo looks like 4 pin pwm and the description in mobo suggest that it is one.

Log story short. I am looking for a 1ch pwm controller which where I can connect the splitter. 

I'm not sure I understood your problem.

But your even though the spec sheet of your mobo says it has one CPU Fan Header and one System Fan Header I could find only the CPU fan Header at the picture (Am I missing it? Found it) 

You can connect the Fan Splitter directly to your CPU Fan Header, although not ideal it works just fine.

Edit.: Derp, I found the header. I´m not understanding your problem. Sorry

Intel i7-4770; ASUS Z97M-PLUS/BR ;Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz; EVGA Geforce 970 SC; Corsair TX550M; Raijintek Aeneas

2 minutes ago, Avcoor said:

I'm not sure I understood your problem.

But your even though the spec sheet of your mobo says it has one CPU Fan Header and one System Fan Header I could find only the CPU fan Header at the picture (Am I missing it?)

You can connect the Fan Splitter directly to your CPU Fan Header, although not ideal it works just fine.

Both are together. One white and one black. Yes I could use the pwm from the cpu but the cpu cooler is from noctua with two different sizes of fans. Don't won't to mix it with my 120mm case fans.

2 hours ago, Tsx said:

Mixing them is fine and the cpu_fan header provides the most reliable pwm signal.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

13 hours ago, Tsx said:

While they won't spin the same speed, it will be close, and they will change speed at close to the same rate. It will work well enough. Many times, the SYS_FAN header will have 4 pins but actually be voltage controlled by default. You might be able to change it to PWM in BIOS.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

I dont test i yet but i will today. But if someone know a 1 ch digital pwm controller oder non digital it would be very nice. I couldnt find anything after a week of searhing. 

Looks like their are trillions of fans and a lot of cases in mITX that supports a couple of fans but pwm is not that popular like voltage control.