MSI X99-A Sli Plus USB 3.1 Is it worth it?

Just ordered MSI X99-A Sli Plus USB 3.1 for i7 5820k. Is anyone using it already? Came to know they are having problem with ram slots. I also have other option of Asus x99 strix gaming mobo.

Any advice would be welcome.

i went with simple asus x99 a.

no flashy led action with straightforward functions. i just do not like the UEFI of msi. asus has that covered. just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, airdeano said:

i went with simple asus x99 a.

no flashy led action with straightforward functions. i just do not like the UEFI of msi. asus has that covered. just my opinion.

I am newbie to x99. Msi is within my budget ,plus it comes with 3.1 usb.

13 minutes ago, samd said:

Just ordered MSI X99-A Sli Plus USB 3.1 for i7 5820k. Is anyone using it already? Came to know they are having problem with ram slots. I also have other option of Asus x99 strix gaming mobo.

Any advice would be welcome.

any computer component from any company is prone to some amount of failings in the manufacturing process. if you're having problems you probably just fall into their few % of products their QC didn't catch. hit up MSI and tell them about your issues and see if they're replace it or maybe they can help you sort it out.

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

any computer component from any company is prone to some amount of failings in the manufacturing process. if you're having problems you probably just fall into their few % of products their QC didn't catch. hit up MSI and tell them about your issues and see if they're replace it or maybe they can help you sort it out.

I agree. Actually I have just ordered it, have not used it yet. But browsing through net found some people specifically had issues with dead ram slots etc. Sometimes its just the luck factor. I hope mine will be fine.

18 minutes ago, samd said:

I agree. Actually I have just ordered it, have not used it yet. But browsing through net found some people specifically had issues with dead ram slots etc. Sometimes its just the luck factor. I hope mine will be fine.

yeah MSI wouldn't be deliberately shoddy products. and if yours happens to be bad you will be able to RMA it just fine.