Trackpad right click

Sentryy

The right click on my Yoga 3's touchpad most of the time will just left click and sometimes does both right click and left click. It's really annoying and making the experience terrible. Another minor but annoying issue is that the left about 1/6th of the spacebar will not register as pressing space and will not do anything. 

I have a microcenter warranty but iirc if I use it for one issue I cannot use it again @Rune (Could you answer this) like so if I bring it in for the keyboard and the track pad to get fixed and if I drop it or something it won't be covered because I already brought it in previously? 

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

Hi I am rune. You can send in your laptop as many time as you wish as long as the warranty time still in effect

No. I am not Rune. Sorry for runeing your day

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

Hi I am rune. You can send in your laptop as many time as you wish as long as the warranty time still in effect

Is there a software fix for the touchpad?

It is driving me crazy lol 

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

Just now, Sentryy said:

Is there a software fix for the touchpad?

It is driving me crazy lol 

It's most likely hardware issue. 

It's most likely hardware issue. 

Will they be able to fix it? 

I really like this one and don't really want to switch

3 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

Will they be able to fix it? 

I really like this one and don't really want to switch

My keyboard on my laptop once was broken (messed up) I sent in for a warranty repair. They replace it and kept everything as it was even software

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

My keyboard on my laptop once was broken (messed up) I sent in for a warranty repair. They replace it and kept everything as it was even software

Okay and if they can't fix it do you think they would refund the warranty as well as the laptop?

1 minute ago, Sentryy said:

Okay and if they can't fix it do you think they would refund the warranty as well as the laptop?

Refund? They must fix it. I don't know. Never got any device unfixed

Refund? They must fix it. I don't know. Never got any device unfixed

When I got the sales pitch for the warranty they said if it's too broken and they can't fix or replace they'll give you the cost of the item on a gift card

4 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

When I got the sales pitch for the warranty they said if it's too broken and they can't fix or replace they'll give you the cost of the item on a gift card

They should keep their promise or else it will ruin their reputation. But your problem is not something serious (too broken). Just some trackpad key. It's not like Note 7

They should keep their promise or else it will ruin their reputation. But your problem is not something serious (too broken). Just some trackpad key. It's not like Note 7

Okay, should I also have them replace the keyboard so I don't have to bring it back incase it get's worse

as you can see above "in case" the space wasn't put in because I was too far left on the keyboard

Just now, Sentryy said:

Okay, should I also have them replace the keyboard so I don't have to bring it back incase it get's worse

as you can see above "in case" the space wasn't put in because I was too far left on the keyboard

yeah, tell them keyboar is not working too. 

4 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Okay thanks 

How long did your repairs take for them to do?

I don't want to go too long without a laptop.

37 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

well this is funny 

I just uninstalled the program for the touchpad driver and it works fine now 

will get the keyboard fixed at a later date lol 

54 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

Okay thanks 

How long did your repairs take for them to do?

I don't want to go too long without a laptop.

1 week or maybe less don't remember

I never use the crappy touchpad drivers for laptops. The ones provided by windows works fine, besides I always have a mouse handy as well cause I really don't like the touchpads. Just spoiled I guess.

Did I help you to fix your problem or at least did offer somewhat valuable advice? Consider giving my post a "informative" or "thumbs up".

SYSTEM 2: Modded G3 case with Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L, Intel E8600 (O.C to 4.2GHz.), 4GB GSkill PC8500, Nvidia 8800GTS (512M), Cooling provided by Scythe Big Shrunkin, HDD 1 = OSX 10.9.5, HDD 2 = Windows 7 Pro X64. (Placed 3rd in MacMod  of the year 2012) (For info see:  http://insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285641-and-the-winner-for-macmod-of-2012-is/

LAPTOP: Inspiron 1720, Modded BIOS, X9000 Core 2 extreme OC'ed and undervolted to 3.4GHz (windows only) , 6GB DDR2 800, 8600M GT, 1920x1200 Glossy display, Sigmatel Audio, 2 Kingston HyperX 120GB drives (1 with Windows 7 x64 pro & 1 with OSX 10.9.5) X9000 Processor World Record Holder since 02/2013 on Geekbench 2 : http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/search?dir=desc&q=x9000&sort=score

4 hours ago, Sentryy said:

The right click on my Yoga 3's touchpad most of the time will just left click and sometimes does both right click and left click. It's really annoying and making the experience terrible. Another minor but annoying issue is that the left about 1/6th of the spacebar will not register as pressing space and will not do anything. 

I have a microcenter warranty but iirc if I use it for one issue I cannot use it again @Rune (Could you answer this) like so if I bring it in for the keyboard and the track pad to get fixed and if I drop it or something it won't be covered because I already brought it in previously? 

Uninstall the lenovo touchpad drivers, they are garbage. It is true that once you use the warranty to get a replacement it doesn't transfer to your new item, and you would be refunded if we could not fix the item (but it is highly unlikely that would happen). Also, depending on which plan you bought, drops may not be covered anyway. Only the accidental damage plan covers that.

4 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Wat?

Edit:

3 hours ago, Sentryy said:

well this is funny 

I just uninstalled the program for the touchpad driver and it works fine now 

will get the keyboard fixed at a later date lol 

Cool. Try to look under the edges of the bar to make sure nothing got stuck between the bar and the palm rest as well.

3 minutes ago, Rune said:

Wat?

Edit:

Sorry for my awful pun