Should I give Destiny A Chance?

Tocsin_786

I bought the special Destiny edition ps4 last year and got the game with the taken king DLC and other add ons. I played Destiny (without PS -plus) when my brother first got a ps4, just so i can try it out. It wa very repetative and boring. I keep hearing that the DLC has made it better. Should I start to play the game? 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

If you:

1) Miss Borderlands but for some reason can't just play any of the 3 of them

2) Like super grindy MMOs

3) Are a life-long masochist.

Sure.

Otherwise nope, stay away.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

I bought the special Destiny edition ps4 last year and got the game with the taken king DLC and other add ons. I played Destiny (without PS -plus) when my brother first got a ps4, just so i can try it out. It wa very repetative and boring. I keep hearing that the DLC has made it better. Should I start to play the game? 

Why don't you just hop into a game and see for yourself? It's a very subjective game - some people like it, others do not. Spend an hour playing the new DLC, and you should get a rough idea of how it'll be.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Notice: I have put about 500 hours into the Xbox One version of the game. 

I have played Destiny since the launch and I have loved it alot. Its a fantastic shooter, which is weird for me to say since its caped at 30 fps. It has been by go to game for when I want a mindless shooting experience.

Right now I would hold off though, and for several good reasons.

1) Rise of Iron has added a lot of good content, but has brought many Destiny "Year 1" problems(THE GRIND). Because there is not that much content, you will have to grind the new strikes(1 new one, 2 revamps).

2) Destiny 2. With the rumored amount of revamps, If your going to play I would start with next years title.

3) Destiny 2 will be on PC.   

5 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

If you:

1) Miss Borderlands but for some reason can't just play any of the 3 of them

2) Like super grindy MMOs

3) Are a life-long masochist.

Sure.

Otherwise nope, stay away.

shit... i gotta finish Borderlands pre sequal. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.