my set up won't boot with my gtx 1070 installed!!!

Recently i bought a samsung 750 evo 250gb, a corsair vs 550 watts power supply and the gigabyte windforce g1 gaming gtx 1070.
Once I tried installing them in my setup[ (it is kinda old so you have been warned!!) which is rocking the following: motherboard: ga-h61ma-d3v (ver 2.1) cpu: i3 3225 @ 3.30GHz RAM: 4gb of Crucial Ballistix] the boot beep thing would go off but the pc would not go pass the motherboars options screen, after rebooting the system a couple of times I uninstalled the grapphics card and run the system with the on board grapphics, which made my pc to boot into the windows 8.1 i had pre-installed in the ssd.Using an old gppu did not help at all.I installed a nvidia Geforce 8600 gt and it stuck at the windows logo.After rebooting a couplpe of times i gave up because my resources are low and i can not try anything else at the moment.

If you have any idea what could be possibly go wrong plpease let me know. Thank you for your time!!

Maybe the pre install mess stuff up. Can you just do a clean install, possibly without the 1070 at first and then add it later?

You sure that all old driver stuff is removed or did you run onboard before?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1. Go into windows and write down the activation key for your copy.

2. Make a bootable usb with windows 8.1 ( make sure it is the same version ie: home, pro, exetera)

3. Slot back in the 1070

4. Plug in the usb stick with windows on it.

5. Power on the pc while holding C on the keyboard

6. When it says "push any key to boot from usb" hit a key

7. Install windows, and when prompted put in your activation key. 

8. Download the newest driver for the 1070

That should work. 

15 hours ago, doomsriker said:

1. Go into windows and write down the activation key for your copy.

2. Make a bootable usb with windows 8.1 ( make sure it is the same version ie: home, pro, exetera)

3. Slot back in the 1070

4. Plug in the usb stick with windows on it.

5. Power on the pc while holding C on the keyboard

6. When it says "push any key to boot from usb" hit a key

7. Install windows, and when prompted put in your activation key. 

8. Download the newest driver for the 1070

That should work. 

I installed a nvidia Geforce 8600 gt and it stuck at the windows logo.After rebooting a couplpe of times i gave up

i3 3225 has integrated graphics, try to boot without GPU and without SSD. Just the CPU + OS hard drive

18 hours ago, OriginalUser117 said:

after rebooting the system a couple of times I uninstalled the grapphics card and run the system with the on board grapphics, which made my pc to boot into the windows 8.1 i had pre-installed in the ssd.Using an old gppu did not help at all.I installed a nvidia Geforce 8600 gt and it stuck at the windows logo.

So basically, any dGPU will make the system unstable?

Did you try a different PCIE slot??? Forget that, just saw your motherboard only has one PCIE 16x

Can you try a different PSU??

Also, that Corsair VS is crap, you should've bought something else, for future reference be sure to look at this;

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Thank you all for your help!

But all i needed was a bios update (i tried a couple of your suggestions till gigabyte replied to my ticket and told me to update the bios)

All in all the system is up and running 

(sorry for not respponding i just started college so i don't have much time in my hands :/ )

3 hours ago, OriginalUser117 said:

Thank you all for your help!

But all i needed was a bios update (i tried a couple of your suggestions till gigabyte replied to my ticket and told me to update the bios)

All in all the system is up and running 

(sorry for not respponding i just started college so i don't have much time in my hands :/ )

Glad to hear that you were able to fix it. Keep in mind that your next upgrade should be the PSU, there's more to a PSU than the wattage! ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Good to hear mon, pls mark this thread solved by choosing best answer from yourself :)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list