What to buy?

Domo128

So, I've been a PC gamer my whole life but recently with the amount of exclusives that consoles have and are getting, I'm starting to consider buying a ps4.

Should I buy a ps4 (I want to play "The last of us", "Beyond two souls", "Days gone"...) or should I upgrade my PC, that is my GPU (I want do play "Watch dogs 2", "Dishonored 2", "Forza horizon 3")

Will the difference in performance between a gtx 960 and gtx 1060 be worth the upgrade or should I just buy the ps4 and play the before mentioned PC games on lower settings?

PS: Will my PSU be able to handle the upgrade? (It's a fortron hexa+ 500w)

PPS: Don't tell me that "PC or console" is my own choice, I know that. I'm just asking for some advice because I don't have a lot of money to spend.

My PC:

- i5 4460

- gtx 960

- 500w PSU

SSD, HDD, 8 GB RAM...

Thanks for the help :)

Id buy with ps4, your will get slighty better graphics on a 1060, a ps4 lets you play different games.

For the system, a 1060 is a lower power part than a 960, so power won't be a problem. The 960 should play all of those games just fine.

Yeah, no need for new GPU. I'm not sure if console is right choice either. Unless you get some really good deal on it. Games will be more expensive on console.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yeah, no need for new GPU. I'm not sure if console is right choice either. Unless you get some really good deal on it. Games will be more expensive on console.

Two of the three games he listed are $10 each. The third game isn't out yet and will be full price on launch.  None of those three price points are any different than PC games.  Console games drop prices just like anything else.