Unable to upgrade to windows 10

In the bottom right corner there is a message reading

Windows 7

Build 7601

This copy of windows is not genuine

I started to get this message after a update. This did not bother me until I wanted to upgrade to windows 10. Unlike other people with this message I do not get prompts to upgrade windows nor does it show in system properties.

Any help is appreciated 

Well you can't upgrade to windows 10 without a genuine key.

The best you can do is call microsoft support (do not use online chat) and tell them your issue.

They will probably ask for your old windows 7 key too, so you better have that.

Worst comes to worst you can just install windows 10 and not activate it.

You will still be able to use it with no restrictions other than a watermark and locked personalization settings (both of which can be removed with a quick google search)

Here is how you install windows: http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

When you get to this step just click "do this later" and then you've got windows 10 for free.

Image result for windows 10 enter key

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

18 minutes ago, MosesHD_ said:

In the bottom right corner there is a message reading

Windows 7

Build 7601

This copy of windows is not genuine

I started to get this message after a update. This did not bother me until I wanted to upgrade to windows 10. Unlike other people with this message I do not get prompts to upgrade windows nor does it show in system properties.

Any help is appreciated 

Your lucky not to be forced to upgrade