GTX 970 IDLE SQUEAL

REDDEATH
Go to solution Solved by REDDEATH,

After figuring out that the coil sound was related to fps, I turned of my monitors overclocking settings from 75hz down too 60 and this seems to have made it gone away. Thanks.

Hello all, 

This may sound like a strange Question but after having to replace my motherboard due to it frying (thank god for warranty) Ever since, when on idle my GPU (GTX 970) has been letting out a high pitch squeal. This sounds does go away, but only in high performance games and also goes away if I change the core clock in some kind of software tool. (MSI afterburner) I would like to know if this is normal and nothing to worry about? 

Cheers.  (I can provide my specs if needed) 

How is temp and load? Is it fine?

1 minute ago, dexxterlab97 said:

How is temp and load? Is it fine?

Yes it is usually straight after being freshly turned on. It persists under light load such us web browsing etc.  

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

After figuring out that the coil sound was related to fps, I turned of my monitors overclocking settings from 75hz down too 60 and this seems to have made it gone away. Thanks.