In need of help involving HDD and system in general

Hey,
I am in need of serious help with my pc at the moment, it will not get past the log in screen on windows 10. I log in and it will just have a black screen and am able to move my mouse around freely but not click on anything. I have tried taking it apart putting it back together, still the same problem, tried testing RAM both work. I have been having problems with the computer starting to struggle to run games i normally could like black ops 3, but i now can't even get past the log in screen, i am lead to believe it is my HDD which is causing these problems. Could it be anything else?
Also is there a way i can transfer the operating system and files onto a new hard drive? will i have to use another computer?

Hi,

have you tried CTRL + ALT + Delete when you get that black screen?

Yes you can clone the HDD to a new one, no you should be able to do that on your PC if its just the hard drive

14 minutes ago, MuHammer said:

Hi,

have you tried CTRL + ALT + Delete when you get that black screen?

Yes you can clone the HDD to a new one, no you should be able to do that on your PC if its just the hard drive

I have tried CTRL+ALT+DEL, tried CTRL+ALT+ESC. Tried running the diagnoses through boot and all that stuff. How do i clone the drive? Through BIOS?

you need a bootable usb drive or CD with something like Clonezilla or Acronis

Okay thanks! Shall go watch a few videos on how to do it

Also could have been a Windows update to screw things up,  I have had that happen to me before,  have u tried to use a recovery disk or push F8 or F10 while booting and do a system restore from the latest update so it rolls back

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

3 hours ago, Bradl79 said:

Also could have been a Windows update to screw things up,  I have had that happen to me before,  have u tried to use a recovery disk or push F8 or F10 while booting and do a system restore from the latest update so it rolls back

My back up has completely gone >.> like there is no backup to restore or anything...

Okay i am completely torn with my pc at this point... I log into windows and it is just a black screen, it will take a full night for it to load to the desktop. Once it was on the desktop i cannot do anything it just freezes and nothing works when i right click or hover over something nothing happens, it doesn't even say its not responding.

I have tried:

-Testing each RAM stick.

-Putting the hard drive into my friends pc as a non bootable drive and i can load games/pictures or anything at a normal speed.

-Unplugging everything and putting it back together, also cleaning ports.

-Tried checking the disk for errors.

-Using the windows troubleshooter.

-Tried safe booting.

I am at wits end with this at the moment, i just bought a new hdd to try and see if it will do anything but unfortunatly i don't have my product key. Please help... 

It is re-usable too if it does not work or is not re usable they will give you 120% of your money back. win win situation

Just now, Thread212 said:

Use Chkdsk /f or chkdsk /r command to check the windows fle system and corrupted file.
if its doesnt work then u need to reinstall the windows.

Use Chkdsk /f or chkdsk /r command to check the windows fle system and corrupted file.

I think you should skip the trouble of that and just re install windows. It is no doubt a corrupt OS

Threads merged, please make sure not to post multiple threads in multiple sections about the same problem.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, Thread212 said:

I have tried this already

well then.. move on to reinstalling the windows.

Yea just have a lot of important files, i thought my drive was failing to start, it just happened out of no where. I noticed my boots where getting slower, games where dropping in fps. Im going to replace cpu, mobo and ram hopefully. 

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

dont..re-install it first.. well it could be the hdd.. have u check the disk health?

yep it is healthy i checked it when i was on my friends computer could access files easily.

2 minutes ago, Thread212 said:

Then its corrupted Os..
But i have been there before.. I check the whole system,running memory test,hdd test and the other test before pulling the trigger.

What is the best way to fix this? should i use clone villa to clone the old drive onto my new one and then fresh install windows, i have my product id but not the product key...

1 minute ago, Thread212 said:

How can u lose your product key??
guess u should ask for a new key..
when u clone the data and then fresh install.. i am afraid u will also lose the license. but i dont know.
i only try windows 10 once..i never answer a question that i dont know the answer.

I got the computer prebuilt and have slowly upgraded it, and i didn't get the chance because half way trying to get it. The pc just froze and had to turn it off and from that point it doesn't get past the log in screen from now.

Just an fyi, if you're in fact dealing with a corrupt OS, you don't want to clone the OS itself to attempt saving it. You have two easy options with corrupt OS, either recovery, or fresh install. 

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

1 minute ago, meenmeen1103 said:

Just an fyi, if you're in fact dealing with a corrupt OS, you don't want to clone the OS itself to attempt saving it. You have two easy options with corrupt OS, either recovery, or fresh install. 

How does one recover?

7 minutes ago, Goaterino said:

How does one recover?

I'm not completely sure on this, as I just can't remember, but I think a Windows 10 installation option is 'repair' so it may be worth a shot. It's a good idea to have your important data from that drive backed up before this. It's pretty much always better performance-wise to do a fresh install instead, but it could fix your issue.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

go to ur friends house if he has Windows 10 and create recovery drive to a usb stick or disk and boot it so u can try a system recovery, also are u able to at least boot in to safe mode and do a system recovery from there

also sign up for a cloud storage and use that to upload ur important files, if u are scared about uploading the files to the cloud  also some people complain about uploading things to the cloud b/c its not secure, use winrar and encrypt files and password it and rename it to something stupid or something less interesting 

My PCPartPicker - 1st Build

Okay well bad news! Fresh install can't get past login page...

Okay I so I reinstalled Windows now I'm getting blue screen of death... Saying bad system config info

6 hours ago, Thread212 said:

How can u lose your product key??
guess u should ask for a new key..
when u clone the data and then fresh install.. i am afraid u will also lose the license. but i dont know.
i only try windows 10 once..i never answer a question that i dont know the answer.

Okay well I'm at the point where i don't a reset and tried to fresh install windows, turns out it didn't install the windows registry hive and screwed windows up...