Stay Frosty

I was considering buying a cryorig H7 to cool my pc but found it wasn't compatible so I found the Deepcool Gammaxx 400. Is it a worthwhile CPU Cooler for gaming and light overclocking. Also, is it reliable, strong, keeps CPU temps low? Also, is it compatible with an Intel Core i7 6700k on an ASRock Fatal1ty z170 K4 MOBO?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Just now, Riles4365 said:

I looked there. What I want to know that if the cooler is compatible with an LGA 1151 socket?

http://www.deepcool.com/product/cpucooler/2013-12/7_487.shtml

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

can't you just answer my question. Is it compatible with an LGA 1151 socket??

Yes it is :)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

is it a reliable, strong cooler that keeps temps low and is good for small overclocks?

38 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

I was considering buying a cryorig H7 to cool my pc but found it wasn't compatible so I found the Deepcool Gammaxx 400. Is it a worthwhile CPU Cooler for gaming and light overclocking. Also, is it reliable, strong, keeps CPU temps low? Also, is it compatible with an Intel Core i7 6700k on an ASRock Fatal1ty z170 K4 MOBO?

H7 is compatible with 1151 socket...

But the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 does trade blows with it in the budget cooler section.

The GAMMAXX 400 will fit an 1151 socket. The 400 is roughly the same as the H7 in terms of cooling.

I have a GAMMAXX 300 on my 2500K running at 4.2 and it keeps it at or below 65*C at all times. The 2500K has roughly 180W TDP with it's overclock and even that cheap cooler can cool it.

I've seen some builds with people putting the 300 on 6700K chips with a small OC and it was hitting 80* at some points but they are from a hot environment so the air coming in is not as effective.

I think the 400 will be more than enough for what you want to do.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

15 hours ago, Riles4365 said:

I looked there. What I want to know that if the cooler is compatible with an LGA 1151 socket?

All 115x sockets use the same mounting. 

If that's where you got the idea that the H7 isn't compatible, rest assured that it is indeed compatible. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

All 115x sockets use the same mounting. 

If that's where you got the idea that the H7 isn't compatible, rest assured that it is indeed compatible. 

Between the 2 coolers. IS the H7 a better option ?

2 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

Between the 2 coolers. IS the H7 a better option ?

At the same price, I'd go for the H7 due to the lower height and better mounting hardware.

I'm having trouble finding consistent results for benchmarks when it comes to the gammaxx but I've heard it being similar to the 212 Evo. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

At the same price, I'd go for the H7 due to the lower height and better mounting hardware.

I'm having trouble finding consistent results for benchmarks when it comes to the gammaxx but I've heard it being similar to the 212 Evo. 

I saw a vid which had Cryorig H7 against 212 EVO and the cryorig won by far in temps and benchmarks. The Cryorig H7 would be a good option for me then. 

1 minute ago, Riles4365 said:

I saw a vid which had Cryorig H7 against 212 EVO and the cryorig won by far in temps and benchmarks. The Cryorig H7 would be a good option for me then. 

Take every review/benchmark with a grain of salt and look at more than just one. 

Depending on the cpu used, amount of load being tested, environment, and installation/handling, results can vary. 

From what I've seen, the 212 Evo and H7 are pretty similar when it comes to performance. 

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

Take every review/benchmark with a grain of salt and look at more than just one. 

Depending on the cpu used, amount of load being tested, environment, and installation/handling, results can vary. 

From what I've seen, the 212 Evo and H7 are pretty similar when it comes to performance. 

Thanks for the avice. I may be repeating myself but can the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 handle overclocks ? (i probs am repeating myself)

3 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

Thanks for the avice. I may be repeating myself but can the Deepcool Gammaxx 400 handle overclocks ? (i probs am repeating myself)

It depends on how good your chip is. I wouldn't get it if you want to shoot for a substantial oc.

From what I've seen so far, it seems the Gammaxx somewhere between the 212 Evo and the weaker T4. 

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

It depends on how good your chip is. I wouldn't get it if you want to shoot for a substantial oc.

From what I've seen so far, it seems the Gammaxx somewhere between the 212 Evo and the weaker T4. 

Im getting i7 6700k

Im getting i7 6700k

I don't mean the model of your cpu. How well your individual cpu oc's is a matter of luck. 

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I don't mean the model of your cpu. How well your individual cpu oc's is a matter of luck. 

On the bottom line, I think I should buy the Cryorig H7 because I have a flight sim which is CPU intensive.

SO I found the Cryorig H7 and the Cryorig H5. I still don't know which is a better cooler for gaming and using a flight sim on. I won't be doing a lot of overclocking but will still do small amounts of it. Which won wins in th ebattle of coolness (see what I did there)????

Well the H5 has a wider compatibility range on the Intel side of sockets. However the H7 is capable of moving more air, is louder & weighs more. Unless you're using a 775, 1366 or 2011 socket your only choice out of the two is H5. Otherwise I'd say go with the H7 since it's a newer model & capable of cooling the most.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

2 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

Well the H5 has a wider compatibility range on the Intel side of sockets. However the H7 is capable of moving more air, is louder & weighs more. Unless you're using a 775, 1366 or 2011 socket your only choice out of the two is H5. Otherwise I'd say go with the H7 since it's a newer model & capable of cooling the most.

Which is louder and is it much of a difference? Also, which one is stronger, more reliable and will keep the temps cooler?

20 minutes ago, Riles4365 said:

Which is louder and is it much of a difference? Also, which one is stronger, more reliable and will keep the temps cooler?

They both have a 6 year warranty, the H7 is 2 decibels louder than the H5. Apparently I read it wrong earlier, the H7 can move 49 CFM while the H5 can do 76.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?CompareItemList=-1|9SIA4UF2DZ6565^9SIA4UF2DZ6565%2C9SIA4UF30R0134^9SIA4UF30R0134

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

1 minute ago, Mike Soda said:

They both have a 6 year warranty, the H7 is 2 decibels louder than the H5. Apparently I read it wrong earlier, the H7 can move 49 CFM while the H5 can do 76.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?CompareItemList=-1|9SIA4UF2DZ6565^9SIA4UF2DZ6565%2C9SIA4UF30R0134^9SIA4UF30R0134

Thanks. I think Ill go with the H7 because its cheaper but still reliable and a good cooler for what I'm using my pc for. Also, for $14 more dollars its only 2dB quieter which is nothing. Do you agree?