Phanteks P400s case lights

Reijndael

Hi, I recently built my own PC and got the Phanteks P400s (the one without a glass side). I managed to get the two fans that come with the case running, but I wasn't able to connect the LED lights that come with the case. They are positioned at the bottom of the front panel and have a button switch to cycle through colors. How should they be connected? I am not sure my motherboard has the appropriate connector for the type of cable that comes out of the LED strip at the bottom. 

Just now, Reijndael said:

Hi, I recently built my own PC and got the Phanteks P400s (the one without a glass side). I managed to get the two fans that come with the case running, but I wasn't able to connect the LED lights that come with the case. They are positioned at the bottom of the front panel and have a button switch to cycle through colors. How should they be connected? I am not sure my motherboard has the appropriate connector for the type of cable that comes out of the LED strip at the bottom. 

Your mobo should have an LED port (If its not a super cheap one) it will be in its manual somewhere.

If not there are psu adapters that you can find online

1 hour ago, DisconnectedYT said:

Your mobo should have an LED port (If its not a super cheap one) it will be in its manual somewhere.

If not there are psu adapters that you can find online

The motherboard is Asus z170-A, but the only LED related information in the manual is about the on-board ones used for indicating component's status.

Guess I might have to go with a PSU adapter.

9 minutes ago, Reijndael said:

The motherboard is Asus z170-A, but the only LED related information in the manual is about the on-board ones used for indicating component's status.

Guess I might have to go with a PSU adapter.

It comes with everything you need.  Someone I helped out had the same problem... the details escape me at the moment.  Make sure you plug in the power cable into the PSU.  It will be SATA power or MOLEX.

MOLEX is a big four pin cable. 

SATA power is a thin slot in a "L" shape.

I just checked, it is a SATA power connector.  Looks like this:

sata-power-cable_002.jpgIt goes into the power supply.

50 minutes ago, stconquest said:

It comes with everything you need.  Someone I helped out had the same problem... the details escape me at the moment.  Make sure you plug in the power cable into the PSU.  It will be SATA power or MOLEX.

MOLEX is a big four pin cable. 

SATA power is a thin slot in a "L" shape.

I just checked, it is a SATA power connector.  Looks like this:

sata-power-cable_002.jpgIt goes into the power supply.

Huh... I remember seeing a SATA cable when I opened the case, but forgot about it :D After building the PC, I couldn't see it in the jungle of cables. I'll try to trace it later today. Thanks!