forza horizon 3 on steam?

spellmanuk

so like with quantum break i think it will be likly to come to steam however if i was to buy it now on the windows store do you think ill be able to add it on steam later without buying it again? this game is an xbox anwhere title idk if that would change things 

I lurk a lot

Don't expect:
1. Forza Horizon 3 to come to Steam. It may do, but so far Quantum Break is the only Microsoft-published UWP game on the service.

2. to be able to transfer the Windows Store version onto Steam in any way. Unless I'm mistaken, the way Windows Store apps work prohibit them from working on Steam since they aren't .exe files, rather .appx files.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Microsoft isn't against putting their games on Steam. They have even said they will do it again in the future, but they haven't said all games will come to Steam. I'd bet they will put games on Steam that don't sell well on the new combined Xbox Store/Windows Store like Quantum Break and keep games that do sell exclusive to their own platform.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

37 minutes ago, daniellearmouth said:

Don't expect:
1. Forza Horizon 3 to come to Steam. It may do, but so far Quantum Break is the only Microsoft-published UWP game on the service.

2. to be able to transfer the Windows Store version onto Steam in any way. Unless I'm mistaken, the way Windows Store apps work prohibit them from working on Steam since they aren't .exe files, rather .appx files.

28 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I don't think it will ever come to steam, it may come to other windows platforms via dx11 but steam is almost certainly not getting it.

18 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

Microsoft isn't against putting their games on Steam. They have even said they will do it again in the future, but they haven't said all games will come to Steam. I'd bet they will put games on Steam that don't sell well on the new combined Xbox Store/Windows Store like Quantum Break and keep games that do sell exclusive to their own platform.

I think I didn't ask my question correctly IF fh3 was to come to steam do you think they will make me buy it again? 

I lurk a lot

Yes, Steam is not the Windows Store, you will need to buy it again.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

3 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

Yes, Steam is not the Windows Store, you will need to buy it again.

Yeah I know but it's already got play anywhere on for PC and Xbox so I wondered if that might extend to steam even though it's different 

I lurk a lot

1 minute ago, peej said:

Yeah I know but it's already got play anywhere on for PC and Xbox so I wondered if that might extend to steam even though it's different 

No they want to have people use their platform, they will not expand that functionality to steam if they ever launched the game there.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

No they want to have people use their platform, they will not expand that functionality to steam if they ever launched the game there.

Yeah I guess that would be the case just wondered that's all still gunna buy it 

I lurk a lot

Play Anywhere means you can play on Xbox One or Windows 10 (Anniversary Update) via the Windows Store download. The Xbox Store and the Windows Store are the same thing now, so a purchase in one makes the game available on the other if the developer has opted into the program. Steam is a different store.

6 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

Play Anywhere means you can play on Xbox One or Windows 10 (Anniversary Update) via the Windows Store download. The Xbox Store and the Windows Store are the same thing now, so a purchase in one makes the game available on the other if the developer has opted into the program. Steam is a different store.

yes i know that 

I lurk a lot

1 hour ago, daniellearmouth said:

Don't expect:

Man, I have no idea how you guys can tolerate working with software in that kind of ecosystem.

I don't think it would make sense to bring Forza Horizon 3 to Steam simply because of the seemless Cloud sync between the PC and Xbone versions -- I doubt a Steam version would be able to maintain this 

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

1 hour ago, IrshaadH said:

I don't think it would make sense to bring Forza Horizon 3 to Steam simply because of the seemless Cloud sync between the PC and Xbone versions -- I doubt a Steam version would be able to maintain this 

i think you still would have to log in to xbox live to play and i belive thats the case with quantum break? although im not sure coz im not intrested in that game 

I lurk a lot