Why can`t i activate XMP?

Slazyel
Go to solution Solved by orangecat,
Just now, Slazyel said:

Yes.

It's server memory so it doesn't support XMP. XMP is overclocking and I don't know of any server gear that supports overclocking. Not to mention the motherboard your likely using might also be a server board and those don't have XMP either.

Hello guys,

I have a pair of KVR21N15D8/8 and there`s no option to enable the XMP Profile on my BIOS. 

Is it Memory related? The KVR21N15D8/8 does not support XMP or what?

Just now, Slazyel said:

Hello guys,

I have a pair of KVR21N15D8/8 and there`s no option to enable the XMP Profile on my BIOS. 

Is it Memory related? The KVR21N15D8/8 does not support XMP or what?

yeah xmo has always been hit or miss( with me at least)

Just now, Slazyel said:

Yes.

It's server memory so it doesn't support XMP. XMP is overclocking and I don't know of any server gear that supports overclocking. Not to mention the motherboard your likely using might also be a server board and those don't have XMP either.

3 minutes ago, Kilobytez95 said:

I see. I`m using a h110m. Is there any problem using that kind of memory for gaming?

Just now, Slazyel said:

I see. I`m using a h110m. Is there any problem using that kind of memory for gaming?

No it should work just fine. Theres nothing special about it so as long as it all shows up in your BIOS it should work just fine.