How to build a Game?

MrWorldBerg
Go to solution Solved by DrM,
1 minute ago, MrWorldBerg said:

Ok, what language is the best to make a game without a game engine for non-proficient coders

if you refuse to use a game engine, the best you could do would be a flash or java game, which use actionscript and java respectively. c++ is probably the most widely used language, so its helpful to learn that

Want to start a Game Dev career?

how old are you

2 minutes ago, MrWorldBerg said:

Want to start a Game Dev career?

Not really.

(change the question mark to a period)

Start with something like GameMaker Studio or Unity.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

I mean im not really sure we can tell you how to go from no experience to making your own games in a forum post reply. Play around with UE4, Unity, and Cryengine?

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Just now, MrWorldBerg said:

K, i started with Unity and GM Maker, and they suck

try unreal engine it isnt too hard to pick up and ue 4 has lots of free tutorials online 

If you're asking how to make a game, you have to list any previous experiences or else we'll think you haven't tried anything.

As @asapansh suggested, try UE4.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

3 minutes ago, MrWorldBerg said:

Unity is a professional tool. It can't suck or companies wouldn't make games with it. I've used it myself. It's easy to use and has loads of features. I think what you mean (from your newer post) is that your computer can't run it.

K, so I tried RPG Maker, GM Maker, Unity, Cry Engine, Amazon Lumberjack, Coscos Engine none of them meet what i need from an engine

K, so I tried RPG Maker, GM Maker, Unity, Cry Engine, Amazon Lumberjack, Coscos Engine none of them meet what i need from an engine

What do you need then?

✨PC Specs✨

Just now, JFischer00 said:

Unity is a professional tool. It can't suck or companies wouldn't make games with it. I've used it myself. It's easy to use and has loads of features. I think what you mean (from your newer post) is that your computer can't run it.

you are right but I think unreal engine is easier IMO and the leanring curve isnt as steep

Building a game is easy.

step 1. Learn to code.

step 2. Code your game!

You could always settle for being a DM for D&D with your friends if you want. all the creativity required to build a game can be put into that, without having to know computering language =)

then pick up a programming language like c++ and write your own. 

back a few years ago i wrote my own Java 3D game engine for the hell of it. it was a horrible time but it taught me a lot.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

2 minutes ago, MrWorldBerg said:

What do you need? Making a game that looks like Rise of the tomb raider?

Just now, asapansh said:

you are right but I think unreal engine is easier IMO and the leanring curve isnt as steep

I haven't used it too much, but I'm sure it's easy to use as well. I was trying to make a point that any professional tool (UE4 is also one) that real companies actually use cannot suck.

@MrWorldBerg, if you are not a proficient coder, you will not be able to code a game engine, much less one better than any mainstream ones already available

Ok, then best language for people who don't code that much to build an engine 

best language for people who don't code much? What? 

Ok, then best language for people who don't code that much to build an engine 

there are several with each their own advantages

C++ is a widely used language but has the negative of primarily running on Windows

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Ok, what language is the best to make a game without a game engine for non-proficient coders

2 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

What do you need? Making a game that looks like Rise of the tomb raider?

ikr I think this is user error and non willing to learn rather than a legitimate issue

3 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

You could always settle for being a DM for D&D with your friends if you want. all the creativity required to build a game can be put into that, without having to know computering language =)

curious, but what do DM and D&D mean?