What is your "tech appetite" ?

Canada EH

I had an urge to buy something techy. But I waited and waited and waited. I knew what I was eye'ing wouldn't satisfy my tech appetite.

However the tech gods aligned and I found a little something something. I learned much along the way.

I got an old PC on the cheap that I can fuck around with.

I am now tech satiated with my newest purchase. I wont be "satiated" for long. I got on the horizon an Android TV box, most likely a NVIDIA SHIELD. Then for Christmas probably one of those Apple watches.

really wanna build a pc, but my parents wont buy my parts (soon anyways)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

18 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I had an urge to buy something techy. But I waited and waited and waited. I knew what I was eye'ing wouldn't satisfy my tech appetite.

However the tech gods aligned and I found a little something something. I learned much along the way.

I am now tech satiated with my newest purchase. I wont be "satiated" for long. I got on the horizon an Android TV box, most likely a NVIDIA SHIELD. Then for Christmas probably one of those Apple watches.

you mean a kit kat bar, a dozen apples and if you're lucky, a foam shield from dollarama considering how bad the canadian dollar is doing. Everyday oil drops, we take a hit. 

9 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

really wanna build a pc, but my parents wont buy my parts (soon anyways)

Go mow lawns in your neighborhood for money. That's how all my friend and I acquired the money for our computers

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

12 minutes ago, Railgun said:

Go mow lawns in your neighborhood for money. That's how all my friend and I acquired the money for our computers

mmm...idk. my parents probably wont let me. did i mention im only 11?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I get the urge alot. The worst part is having the money to buy it and then trying harder than heck not too.

At this point my tech appetite is more of a person who's never ate in their life seeing a buffet. Sometimes I manage ok, and hold back, and other times I manage and research something and often times either find some reason not to buy it or find the gasoline for the fire of wanting to buy it.

I could be called a hoarder, but to me it's all special and sentimental. I don't want to get rid of any of my boxes, or Asus branded tiny plastic bags.

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Pretty impressive knowledge for a 11 years old. I remember my first complete build when I was 13. I was mostly clueless about building a PC. I was so excited about it that I spent all night building it... Wait a few year you make it.

58 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

That's why I made friends with someone who works at a computer repaire shop. You won't make a dead computer any worse and if you make them work again, good... great... fun. It's better than making friend with a med grad because that doesn't happen with human body. At least I hope it doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, CptLameJokes said:

Pretty impressive knowledge for a 11 years old. I remember my first complete build when I was 13. I was mostly clueless about building a PC. I was so excited about it that I spent all night building it... Wait a few year you make it.

That's why I made friends with someone who works at a computer repaire shop. You won't make a dead computer any worse and if you make them work again, good... great... fun. It's better than making friend with a med grad because that doesn't happen with human body. At least I hope it doesn't happen.

i might be going to a computer shop this sunday:D maybe they have cheap pc i can mess with.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

every morning a bowl of Pentium 4´s as a part of a healthy breakfast

nah i scoop ebay and craigslist almost every day , looking for low prices on stuff like 780´s or 290´s 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

i might be going to a computer shop this sunday:D maybe they have cheap pc i can mess with.

Where I was, they got a lot dead laptops/ old PCs for spare parts, they are dirt cheap. Best of luck to you then!

15 minutes ago, CptLameJokes said:

Where I was, they got a lot dead laptops/ old PCs for spare parts, they are dirt cheap. Best of luck to you then!

Thank you! May make a video if I find anything. The shop is called Falcon Computers in Laramie, Wyoming.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I mow lawns and made enough to buy my PC in just a couple months. Pick a neighbourhood with an older group of people and its likely you will find quite a few people. Work hard, be polite, and listen carefully to what they say to do and they will probably want you back to mow again. My grandparents neighborhood is old enough that 80 percent of the people are probably older than 50. You have to find that perfect neighborhood. Around 25 years old is the best. Still fairly nice houses and all is better. An HOA also ups the likelyhood that you can get regular customers. Good luck!

ERROR: VAR_TRAINOFTHOUGHT RETURN CHAR(MISSING)

RESTART  BRAINTHOUGHTS_MAJORGOOB.EXE?

Y                             N

~               

Got my a Logitech G602 for a good price, and I'm build my super budget build.  That's been helping my tech appetite as I've been wanting to build something.  I'm waiting for a few more parts to get in so I can finish it, but ooh.  It feels good. 

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I've been reallllly wanting to get a Raspberry Pi to play around with, and I've really been wanting to do some upgrades to my rig (minor stuff, new cooler, second stick or RAM, & an SSD) but I've been trying to save money for other things until I can get a job (I'm 16). My first paycheck will definitely go towards on of those two.

A Guide For Getting Started With Linux

My first rig:   CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860k Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 MoBo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DH3 Video Card: EVGA GTX 750 Ti Superclocked RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury White 1866MHz Storage: WD Blue 1TB PSU: EVGA 100-W1-0500-KR Case: Rosewill SRM-01

basically having a phone i can browse the web on (rocking an OPPO R7sf atm, good value for money phone actually) and gaming, I really want to play my games at 4k and 120 hz, so patiently waiting for a single GPU that can drive games at 4k and those refresh rates, and 4k display's with 120 hz.

xD I have been eyeing the psp vita, you can now run homebrew on it, but it was just patched by Sony to stop that, so for the last few days I have been all over my county (Lincolnshire) to look for a Fu**** psp vita with out any scratches 1st gen with ver 3.60 or less, So i can feed my tech appetite, after looking I FOND one at cex.