What is the best way to

Gombel

Hey guys! I have crossfire with r9 290

I need help for my 2 graphic cards (r9 290), when i play the game called "The Crew" my top card goes up to 95 degrees? Is that normal for a crossfire with r9 290? And can i decrease my temperature somehow?!

Btw i have 3 monitors but only one of them in connected to my Graphics Card. (If that is some needed info)

THIS IS MY CUSTOM FAN IN MSI AFTERBURNER.

https://gyazo.com/a72aaae0ff8a808c65bfaeba363a13ed

Have a nice day!

Thanks!! :)

that temp is really bad, you really should get a better cooler for it. Until you get your new cooler for gpu, you should set your fan setting to nearly 100%.

The 290 is a hot card, so putting two of them in a system is asking for trouble. But anyway, it's normal for the top card to be hotter than the other since normally its starved for air. Is it the reference cooler?

9 minutes ago, Gombel said:

Hey guys! I have crossfire with r9 290

I need help for my 2 graphic cards (r9 290), when i play the game called "The Crew" my top card goes up to 95 degrees? Is that normal for a crossfire with r9 290? And can i decrease my temperature somehow?!

Btw i have 3 monitors but only one of them in connected to my Graphics Card. (If that is some needed info)

THIS IS MY CUSTOM FAN IN MSI AFTERBURNER.

https://gyazo.com/a72aaae0ff8a808c65bfaeba363a13ed

Have a nice day!

Thanks!! :)

I would set fan speed to kick in 100% at 75*

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

7 minutes ago, Alexzz_ said:

what specific cards are you using? (model, brand ect)

VTX3D r9 290x I have 2 of them

8 minutes ago, elago said:

The 290 is a hot card, so putting two of them in a system is asking for trouble. But anyway, it's normal for the top card to be hotter than the other since normally its starved for air. Is it the reference cooler?

Also 95 degrees?

8 minutes ago, PCNoobie said:

that temp is really bad, you really should get a better cooler for it. Until you get your new cooler for gpu, you should set your fan setting to nearly 100%.

How can i set another fan i this cover? 

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-s

Btw i have 1 in the side 2 in front and 1 in the back

4 minutes ago, meenmeen1103 said:

I would set fan speed to kick in 100% at 75*

But setting a fan at 100% will kill the fan much faster wouldn't it? And how meny derees will it decrease?

If you have an ATX motherboard with 3 PCI-E slots, put your bottom card on the bottom-most slot and your top one on the highest slot, so that your top card gets lots of breathing room.

I used to be quite active here.

1 minute ago, Gombel said:

How can i set another fan i this cover? 

Btw i have 1 in the side 2 in front and 1 in the back

more front fans for intake would be good, but that doesn't significantly decrease gpu temp. So getting vga cooler like this would be good.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186068

Buy 120mm AIO and ziptie it to the core, you can get some coolers for ram and vrm in ebay for cheat and temps will degrees by 50C under load and will be a lot quieter.

P.S I have raijintek morpheus on my VTX3D r9 290 and temps decreased by 40C :)

2 minutes ago, Gombel said:

But setting a fan at 100% will kill the fan much faster wouldn't it? And how meny derees will it decrease?

It can wear out the bearing faster, sure, but it'll also keep your gpu from sizzling. Hard to say how much it'll help, but the other options are adding more case fans and/or adding water cooling to the gpu. 

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

2 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

If you have an ATX motherboard with 3 PCI-E slots, put your bottom card on the bottom-most slot and your top one on the highest slot, so that your top card gets lots of breathing room.

Idk what the is but this is my motherboard..

Gigabyte Z97M-D3H 

Can you tell me if i can do anything with that?

3 minutes ago, Likwid said:

Buy 120mm AIO and ziptie it to the core, you can get some coolers for ram and vrm in ebay for cheat and temps will degrees by 50C under load and will be a lot quieter.

P.S I have raijintek morpheus on my VTX3D r9 290 and temps decreased by 40C :)

Really! Can you send me a link! ;D

And where would you place it?

4 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

But where can i place it?

This is my cover

Just now, Gombel said:

Idk what the is but this is my motherboard..

Gigabyte Z97M-D3H 

Can you tell me if i can do anything with that?

It's mATX, so the only way to give your top card better temps is to remove the bottom card, buy a bigger motherboard, or water cool them. That's about it.

6 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Yhe but that will be expensive!.. i mean i would like more fans or something if possible, i just dont know ehere to place fans and how...xD

1 minute ago, Gombel said:

Yhe but that will be expensive!.. i mean i would like more fans or something if possible, i just dont know ehere to place fans and how...xD

Yes, it would be expensive. You could place fans in the front of the case in the lowest spot available to (hopefully) blow air right at the cards.

9 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Im able to have 3 fans in front, i alredy have 2. one in thr buttem one mid and nothing in the top..

Just now, Gombel said:

Im able to have 3 fans in front, i alredy have 2. one in thr buttem one mid and nothing in the top..

Yeah, there's nothing I can think of for you to do without spending a lot of money.

11 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Can you link me all that i need to buy for it? :)

13 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Do you think its worth to buy a top fan in front?

Just now, Gombel said:

Do you think its worth to buy a top fan in front?

It might help, but it wouldn't direct air right to the GPU's, it would just increase the air pressure in the case. LTT did a video on this, and it doesn't really decrease temps.

13 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Allright Thanks :)