Ivy Bridge-e delayed to Q4 2013

Dragontail

For unclear reasons Intel decided to delay its launch for Ivy bridge-e from Q3 to Q4 this year.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20130308143302_Intel_Delays_Next_Generation_Core_i7_Extreme_Ivy_Bridge_E_Chip_Report.html

And here I was hoping for an upgrade from my 3820 now I have to wait another 3 months to buy an upgrade :( aww man

// D-tail

Harr, darr and a couple of....... plastic earings?

LTC Wallet: LMiWdifKAN546FjyRspfhmfBWidyRPeEUK

Weak... I was planning my build around the IvyBridge-E flagship CPU. Now I'm considering just getting a 3820, and upgrading to the Extreme Edition when the Ivys come out.

4930k @ 4.0 GHz - Rampage IV Black - 16GB Dominator Platnium 1600 Cas 8 - 2x 780TI Classified SLI - 640 GT - Xonar Pheobus - 2x 128GB 840 Pro RAID 0 - 250GB 840 EVO - Live Gamer HD - AX1200i - COSMOS II - H100i - 4x SP120 - 4x AF120 - AF140 - 3x U3014 - Blackwidow Ultimate - Naga - Mouse Bungee - Manticor - 2x Sabertooth - Atrox - T500RS - TH8RS - Tiamat 7.1 - SP2500 - c920 - Smart-UPS SMT1500

This sucks. I have been waiting for these Ivy Bridge- E cpus... i wanted to build a new computer for college.

MaximumPC says it's a possibility that I B-E might just be skipped. Looks like I'll wait before buying a new mobo.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/will_intel_skip_over_ivy_bridge_e2013

4930k @ 4.0 GHz - Rampage IV Black - 16GB Dominator Platnium 1600 Cas 8 - 2x 780TI Classified SLI - 640 GT - Xonar Pheobus - 2x 128GB 840 Pro RAID 0 - 250GB 840 EVO - Live Gamer HD - AX1200i - COSMOS II - H100i - 4x SP120 - 4x AF120 - AF140 - 3x U3014 - Blackwidow Ultimate - Naga - Mouse Bungee - Manticor - 2x Sabertooth - Atrox - T500RS - TH8RS - Tiamat 7.1 - SP2500 - c920 - Smart-UPS SMT1500

Guess I am not alone when it comes to planing around Ivy-e, oh well hope Intel gets their shit together. Need more Horsepower and I dont want 6 cores, I need 8!!

Guess I will have to wait longer now in order to get the ivy-bridge-e for my future build...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

jw whats the diffs from my 3570k to a Ivy-e jw
ivybridge E vs Ivybridge is the same as sandybridge E vs sandybridge.

the enthusiast platform.X79

-quad channel memory support

-8 dimm slots

-more common full x16,x16 support for full x16 sli/Xfire

-6+ cores with 12+ threads

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Well if they do skip to Haswell-E with X99 then I guess most people will have to upgrade there mobos... :/

\

Guess I am not alone when it comes to planing around Ivy-e, oh well hope Intel gets their shit together. Need more Horsepower and I dont want 6 cores, I need 8!!
Why 8?

the lulz

Right.

I don't mind the wait. I was thinking of upgrading but I am in no hurry. My i7 2600K @ 5Ghz still kicks some decent butt.

I'm not running x79 or plan too but still I don't see much of a fuss. Why does people want to swap out their $600-$1000 CPU to upgrade every year to year and a half. Maybe if you have money coming out of your ears, then whatever, but in terms of practicality it doesn't make heaps of sense.

I'm looking to upgrade from my 930 to something a bit more powerful.

Should have said "I want 8!!" :D yeah ofcourse for the lulz and because I can, oh well if they scip Ivy-e and going for the x99 chip(or whatever its gonna be called), guess I will upgrade me whole rig then.

Goes to show that Intel are playing around, they could have released Ivy-E when they released the Ivy Bridge processors on 1155.