My schools gift to us

DrMacintosh
1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

Your school did not get it for free, much like that Christmas gift you got, didn't come from Santa and it was your parents or relatives who bought it for you. Because you didn't pay out of your own pocket, does not mean that entire setup is free. Dell probably got some tax benefits for giving your school that gift or your school made some deal and got a major discount.

Could have been a State or Federal Grant. I worked at a HS, as one of the Net Admins, that got a huge grant and we upgraded all of the PCs along with a similar lab to the OPs. If that is the case, then yes it was free for the school.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

18 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Because people come here for help? 

Anyway my college is equipped with i7 4790 and 16 gb of RAM. Too bad it is non k so guess you can't oc it...

No dedicate gpu too (too sad)

Not everyone comes here for help *smh*

54 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Why would I get worked up. My school had new system too during my time in class, so it's all good. :D

Sorry.  Your comment about Santa made me unsure if you were in a good mood or not.

My mistake sorry.  ?

1 hour ago, Magnetorheological said:

Yeah, it was a complete reconstruction in order to meet earthquake standards. The entire old building (which was almost 100 years old at that point) was scrapped and it took 3 or 4 years to complete the new one. 

Ah.  That makes sense.  Though I can't imagine not having a normal school building for so long.