Spackling with PC

Flowey

So yeah I have quite the hole in my wall and need to fill it up with spaclking. Now after I'm done filling it in of course I'll need to sand off the excess. Problem is, the hole is like 5 feet from my PC, so I'm wondering if I should just cover both the PC and the desk, including monitors, with a blanket' or just remove it all from the room, do my thing then get my stuff back in?

THX

I'm sure covering it will be fine as long as you cover the entire thing. Just think about what's going to happen when you start sanding off the excess spackling.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

4 minutes ago, Railgun said:

I'm sure covering it will be fine as long as you cover the entire thing. Just think about what's going to happen when you start sanding off the excess spackling.

Yes that's what I was most worried about, all that dust and shit in the air. Covering it all with a blanket shall do the job then

Move your computer into a different room until it's cleaned up

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

Use a vacuum, a wide floor attachment held upside down under where you're sanding will catch most of the dust.

17 hours ago, Sreno1 said:

Move your computer into a different room until it's cleaned up

15 hours ago, johnny5c said:

Use a vacuum, a wide floor attachment held upside down under where you're sanding will catch most of the dust.

Both of these are better options than just covering it with a blanket. Little more work, but definitely better for the health of the computer (and yourself!)