A PC based Security camera system?

Hey Linustech (Linus), In the video you discussed about the server Being used as a Security camera system. How does that work? The reason why i asked is because i'd like to setup a PC security camera system for my father who owns a business. He is a mobile mechanic so he usually has to take off from his workshop to fix customer vehicles, in which leaves his Shop vulnerable to thieves Stealing tools and parts not to mention an entire Tire Machine! if you can create a video tutorial for setting up a basic PC security camera system that would be wonderful! Despite the fact my security system on my end will be having 16 Wired Infrared cameras (Weatherproof) and 2 Wireless Cameras also (Weatherproof)... also note that this has to be viewable by a remote device like a phone, tablet, or another pc off the network. so my father can view the shop while he is on a service call. I greatly will appreciate this and so will other business owners who are looking for a fancier Camera system to protect their investments and of course spy on their employees who are slacking off ;) I just can't stand the fact of having 3 DVRs when all i really need is 1 PC, cameras and a lot of storage. this would probably clear up the 3 ethernet ports on the back of the ASUS router. And allow me to have a multi monitor setup for security all operated from one machine.

14 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I doubt Linus will

A) Respond to you

B) Make a video for you

I agree, but a security system setup video would be cool though. EVERYBODY START SPAMMING LINUS.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

13 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

I agree, but a security system setup video would be cool though. EVERYBODY START SPAMMING LINUS.

Mods should just ban you for having that gif as your profile pic. 

4 minutes ago, Entropy said:

Mods should just ban you for having that gif as your profile pic. 

Did I get another one? Join me my friend, and together we will rule the forums!

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

55 minutes ago, Blitzbrieg Dimarectic said:

How does that work?

You use IP cameras. They just send the video over the network, instead of using coax cables.