Samsung vs Dell

BishopGM

its about time to upgrade from a 100euro monitor/tv to a better monitor :D finally!!!

After a research im stuck between these 2 the samsung c24f396fhu a curved 1080p monitor that for some reason it was (at least where i found it) in the gaming monitor category

and the dell ultrasharp u2414h an IPS again 1080p monitor ......just found the lg 24mp88hv-s and damn thats a nice design too

what are your thoughts what i should go for?

just found why it was at the gaming category it has freesync.....although i got an gtx970 :/ 

Almost all companies use either Samsung or LG displays so most are similar in performance at a given budget. 

As long as it has an 8ms or lower response time and all the connections you need any of those would do.

Ips isnt a must.. there's those that will tell you that ips is a billion times better than tn and that tn will be terrible.. But in reality and from my experience a good quality tn display is very good.. And I'm the owner of a $1200 ips monitor..

Curved on a 24" display is a little pointless, it's too small to gain from the curve.. So bare that in mind as you'll probably pay a premium for it 

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

20 hours ago, BishopGM said:

its about time to upgrade from a 100euro monitor/tv to a better monitor :D finally!!!

After a research im stuck between these 2 the samsung c34f396fhu a curved 1080p monitor that for some reason it was (at least where i found it) in the gaming monitor category

and the dell ultrasharp u2414h an IPS again 1080p monitor ......just found the lg 24mp88hv-s and damn thats a nice design too

what are your thoughts what i should go for?

just found why it was at the gaming category it has freesync.....although i got an gtx970 :/ 

they are both at 220 euros and at the 1080p that my gpu can handle quite well......so with that in mind i was betwenn ips vs curved at 24 inch monitor

4 minutes ago, Badger906 said:

Almost all companies use either Samsung or LG displays so most are similar in performance at a given budget. 

As long as it has an 8ms or lower response time and all the connections you need any of those would do.

Ips isnt a must.. there's those that will tell you that ips is a billion times better than tn and that tn will be terrible.. But in reality and from my experience a good quality tn display is very good.. And I'm the owner of a $1200 ips monitor..

Curved on a 24" display is a little pointless, it's too small to gain from the curve.. So bare that in mind as you'll probably pay a premium for it 

also thanks for your response

6 minutes ago, BishopGM said:

they are both at 220 euros and at the 1080p that my gpu can handle quite well......so with that in mind i was betwenn ips vs curved at 24 inch monitor

The ips non curved if it was my money

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

2 minutes ago, Badger906 said:

The ips non curved if it was my money

as an owner of a 1200$ ips monitor i will take your word and go for it .....it will be better than my current monitor either way

I'd honestly go for the plain IPS. Curved monitors that small are just awkward. And it seems like games "pop" a lot more when you use an IPS monitor, tbh.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I used DELL U2414H in my last office. You won't be disappointed with the color quality DELL gives.