Windows 10 clean installation

kristofk
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
Just now, InfinityCaptain said:

So if I unplug the drives and than replug theme after installation will windows recognise theme without the need to format theme?

Ye,p, you can just start using them.

So if I do a clean install of Windows 10 will that wipe all my drives or only the one that I am installing it on. 

I have 2 drives:

1. SSD: this is where I want to install it

2. HDD: two partitions:

A: personal stuff

B: hackintosh

So if I install windows 10 to my SSD will the HDD and it's partitions stay untouched by windows 10?

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Only the one your installing it on, but id unplug everyother drive and windows likes to sometimes chuck the bootloader on the wrong dirve.

So if I unplug the drives and than replug theme after installation will windows recognise theme without the need to format theme?

Just now, InfinityCaptain said:

Ye,p, you can just start using them.

Unplug all drives except the OS one before starting the installation.

When you get to this screen, delete everything until you are left with "unallocated space":

Image result for windows install partitions

Then select the unallocated space and click next and it should start installing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020