F.E.A.R.

MVPernula

Just started playing this series!
I was too young to play them when they initially came out, saw them on sale on STEAM and got the entire series! Really enjoying it and got past the first game yesterday.

FEAR 2 is waaaay scarier.

F.E.A.R was awesome! I haven't played 2nd and 3rd part... Hmm... maybe I will check them out now :D 

Main Rig - AMD Ryzen 1800X @ 3.9 - NZXT Kraken X62 - MSI X370 SLI PLUS - G.Skill TRIDENT Z RGB 16GB 2667MHz - 2 x Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080 WindForce OC - NZXT S340 (Purple-White) - OCZ 120GB, Seagate 1TB - Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold - SAMSUNG S24D590 24", HP L1950g - Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum - Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum - Creative Cambridge Sound Works + two random Philips speakers, Logitech G430 headset - Win 10 Pro x64

Retro Gaming PC - ASUS T3

Server - HP ProLiant DL380 G6(Currently assembling it) - 2 x Intel Xeon E5520 2.26GHz 8MB Quad Core Processor

NAS - Zyxel NSA320S 2 x Seagate Constellation ES 2TB(RAID1) - QNAP TS-212 1 x 500GB

-=Logitech FanBoiiiiiiii=-

I love NZXT as well <3

21 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

Just started playing this series!
I was too young to play them when they initially came out, saw them on sale on STEAM and got the entire series! Really enjoying it and got past the first game yesterday.

FEAR 2 is waaaay scarier.

I haven't heard of fear before, whats it about.

43 minutes ago, Marine_Boy said:

F.E.A.R was awesome! I haven't played 2nd and 3rd part... Hmm... maybe I will check them out now :D 

If you thought the first one was scary you'll find the second one twice as as gut twisting! :D

32 minutes ago, Blue_Meanie said:

I haven't heard of fear before, whats it about.

A horror game series that started in 2005 and kept going for a while, quite beloved by many so I gave it a shot and have no regrets!

Just now, MVPernula said:

A horror game series that started in 2005 and kept going for a while, quite beloved by many so I gave it a shot and have no regrets!

Ok cool thanks

I really loved fear 1 and 2, but fear 3 would crash every five minutes to where it was uplayable on my old g3258/hd7870 rig.   I haven't tried to play it since I got my 6700k/1070, but maybe it'll be better in green.  

the best thing about FEAR was the free multi player! you dindt need the game to play it!! i used to love harpooning people to the walls! never got old!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

15 hours ago, ace_cheaply said:

I really loved fear 1 and 2, but fear 3 would crash every five minutes to where it was uplayable on my old g3258/hd7870 rig.   I haven't tried to play it since I got my 6700k/1070, but maybe it'll be better in green.  

F3AR runs smooth as balls on my 5820k/1080 build :D

9 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

I played a bit of Fear 1. Still one of the few games i have to finish lol 

It's worth finishing, get the second one too on that, I enjoyed it more tbh.

8 hours ago, Badger906 said:

the best thing about FEAR was the free multi player! you dindt need the game to play it!! i used to love harpooning people to the walls! never got old!

Oh the joy of harpoons! :D

On 9/28/2016 at 4:47 PM, Badger906 said:

The multiplayer was sick, it was literally the only fps where you could kick other people. Too bad nobody plays it anymore :(

The enemy artificial intelligence in F.E.A.R was incredible, I only played the game a few years ago and it definitely holds up well today in that regard. Incredible first person shooter that had a deep and engaging story line and atmosphere, I really enjoyed the first game.

I did play through the second but I didn't find it as good because it felt more suited to a console, the game wasn't as challenging as the first one either.