anti virus

yannick12

what is the best free anti virus?

Intel Core I5-6500, Gigabyte GTx 750 Ti 4Gb

1 minute ago, Vape_lord said:

what is the best free anti virus?

depends, if you want security, i would recommend AVAST but if you wanna something light, go for Panda free anti-virus but usually with the firewall you will be fine.

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

avira was rated best by toms hardware, its lightweight but does sometimes give an anoying pop up about buying stuff (never during gaming or movies though). i use it with malwarebytes. if you want a lot of control get comodo. but thats really advanced.

Alot of anti virus companies are stopping there freeware versions (like AVG) since win 10 comes with antivirus,

so windows defender is the best,

malwarebytes is antimalware not a antivirus,

I personally dont use malwarebytes just because i am careful when installing programs and i know windows layout enough to remove malware myself.

I use Ccleaner and windows defender to keep my system running fine,

I use AVG for my real-time because I find that Windows Defender just doesn't get everything, and to get everything else, I run Malwarebytes once every few months, and I need to get my Spybot working again.

I only recommend Windows Defender if you don't do a lot of potentially harmful downloading.

2017 Gaming PC

Excellent value machine, keeps me going.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | Motherboard: MSI Z170A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM

PSU: Casecom 600W PSU | Case: Corsair Graphite 230T | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | HDD: 3TB WD Blue

Dell XPS 15 9560

Beautiful laptop, in a stunning form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ | GPU: Intel HD Graphics 630/Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 (not mobile, full GPU) | RAM: 16GB DDR4 | SSD: 512GB SK Hynix SSD

Display: 4K IPS 100% Adobe RGB Touch Panel | I/O: Two USB 3.0 with PowerShare, HDMI, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, SD Card Slot, and Thunderbolt 3 USB-C

Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB | Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 32GB

In America, Comcast/Xfinity has free Norton Security Virus if you use that service provider. AT&T Gives free McGaffee. I don't know what Frontier or some of the other companies use. That said, I'd buy anti-virus software, and not trust any of the "Free" Programs (excluding Windows Defender, but not that if you do not have the latest version of Windows, you have a higher chance of a virus due to Windows being such an easy platform to hack). That said, if you don't think you'll be on sketchy websites, I'd just stick with Windows Defender. I can't think of a time in my life when I've not used Norton though, since it has some other uses such as a file clean up in the software, and since they specialize in virus-protection, they have to be responsible, where as Microsoft doesn't need to be.

Hope this helps,

-LukeS

I_M_3rd

"I don't try to be smart, I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, only one asked "why?""

I used AVG for years but stopped using it a few months backs when it kept annoying me with pop up ads trying to get me to upgrade to pro so now I use AVAST but that is getting just as bad in the pop ups ads department

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Depending on where you live and what you do, most universities and other schools give free Antivirus  (paid versions) because of bulk license agreements.

I would recommend AVG or Kaspersky. Malwarebytes is very good. Yes they are very well known for anti-malware/adware, but they do also do anti-virus.

Spy Bot Search and Destroy is awesome, and I recommend this as well.

I would stay clear away from Avast. I have not had anything good happen with that company