LG Ultrawide Festival

Predator50

LG is giving away 10 lg 38uc99 monitor and grand price of $10,000 creative desk setup.

http://www.ultrawidefestival.com/

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

1 minute ago, Predator50 said:

LG is giving away 10 lg 38uc99 monitor and grand price of $10,000 creative desk setup.

http://www.ultrawidefestival.com/

Meh, last time LTT did it, it was semi pros who got all the prices.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

you can put a bit more work into this if it's actually "news and reviews" worthy ;)

Just now, Notional said:

Meh, last time LTT did it, it was semi pros who got all the prices.

i think that was the idea, since it's those people that needed that kind of setup ;)

Just now, manikyath said:

i think that was the idea, since it's those people that needed that kind of setup ;)

I need it more. For them it's a business expense. Then again, LG needs to get their shit together and release their ultra wide 144hz panels. Now that they are making 8+2bit frc panels, the freesync range is 55-75, which is practically useless.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. :D

More chances at an LG always makes me happy.

1 minute ago, Notional said:

I need it more. For them it's a business expense.

do you need a $10000 editing rig for your job?

there's plenty of "semi-pro's" out there that could REALLY use a $10000 injection into their workflow, and simply do not have the dough to even invest half that.

and it's not because someone is a buisiness that they have 10K to pull out their rear end whenever necessary. my family owns a rather sizable kitchen company, and even for a company that has 100+ employees and has been running happily for 75 years it was a HUGE hit to hear they needed to completely replace their €5000 server in order to keep work going.

this dream of splurging a few thousand dollars on a little experimental fun is only for the lucky few, and not even within dreamable distance of the kind of people who put their hearts and souls into winning a contest like this, and it's those people who end up winning, and getting that injection they need to get to the next level.

That monitor is AWESOME its UHD ultra wide, 3840x1600.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

do you need a $10000 editing rig for your job?

No I only need the monitor, they can keep the rig. I don't need the grand prize.

Just now, Notional said:

No I only need the monitor, they can keep the rig. I don't need the grand prize.

why do you need it? ;)

why do you need it? ;)

Because my 2x Dell monitors has burn in, uses 75w each because they use cold cathodes, which s bad for the eyes, and you can't do eyefinity with 2 monitors unless you are an idiot xD

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Because my 2x Dell monitors has burn in, uses 75w each because they use cold cathodes, which s bad for the eyes, and you can't do eyefinity with 2 monitors unless you are an idiot xD

but, do you *need* it, or do you just want it and therefore find that you should be entitled to it?

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

but, do you *need* it, or do you just want it and therefore find that you should be entitled to it?

Well I do need it to get rid of burn in, cheaper electrical bill and better gaming immersion. It's as much of a need than anyone else. And of course as little entitled as anyone else.

Just now, Notional said:

Well I do need it to get rid of burn in, cheaper electrical bill and better gaming immersion. It's as much of a need than anyone else. And of course as little entitled as anyone else.

translation: "i want it"

my display setup currently kicks out about 160 watts, plus whatever kicked out by the voltage dropper to keep my dell from crashing due to peaks on the grid. my displays arent only mismatched in resolution, they are also mismatched in PPI, and probably the worst mismatch in colors you have ever seen next to each other. (i'm talking purple on one display is blue on the other, and bright green being pale almost yellow on the other)

if you so deeply want a new display, earn it instead of dreaming about winning a contest that is not even aimed at you.

benQ makes some impressive 4K panels, which are not only MUCH cheaper than the stuff in the contest, but also have more pixels for your eyes to feast on :P

https://www.alternate.be/BenQ/23-6-4K-Ultra-HD-Monitor-BL2420U/html/product/1205710?lk=8012

which is what i've done, from a month of hard work (kinda too late to recommend summer jobs, arent i?) i've earned enough money to get myself 3 matched, nice and fancy displays, and have some extra on top of that. (chances are that money may go into a car tho, i got an amazing hint from my manager to make profit on my first car :D)