I need suggestion

BenNguyen

My office rig is running on a AIO for my CPU and a hybrid 980Ti. and i want to upgrade it to a 1080 and do a CPU+GPU loop in it. The current case I'm using is Corsair air 540

Disclaimer: i have some basic knowledge of how to custom loop. With that being said, my man cave rig was built in a 750D which have lots of room for my sloppy tubing job and a space to mount my reservoir, so it was rather straight forward.

So my question is: should i buy a better fitting case for liquid cooling? or try to build in my corsair air 540.

• If you have any case that fit watercooling more, pls name it and pls keep it to mid-tower case or a not too big full tower.
  • If you think i should just build in my old case, can you suggest how i should map my tubing and where shall i put my reservoir and pump?

Thank you for your comments/suggestions

3 hours ago, BenNguyen said:

-SNIP-

The air 540 isn't a bad case to watercooling in, it's quite capable of holding either dual 240mm rads or even a 240mm and 360mm as long as the rads are thin. 

For the res unit, if your lacking space in the front side you can always go for a small res in the rear portion which I have commonly seen. 

23 hours ago, W-L said:

The air 540 isn't a bad case to watercooling in, it's quite capable of holding either dual 240mm rads or even a 240mm and 360mm as long as the rads are thin. 

For the res unit, if your lacking space in the front side you can always go for a small res in the rear portion which I have commonly seen. 

thank for suggesting, but how do i mount the res thou? there is no mounting holes for a res on the rear

9 hours ago, BenNguyen said:

thank for suggesting, but how do i mount the res thou? there is no mounting holes for a res on the rear

It depends where you want to install it but you can either make a custom plate or drill holes and bolt it through the rear side of the motherboard tray. 

On 9/23/2016 at 3:17 AM, TiberiusMoon said:

you can try using a pump and res comb that sits on the floor or secure it somewhere in the other compartment

On 9/23/2016 at 11:46 AM, W-L said:

It depends where you want to install it but you can either make a custom plate or drill holes and bolt it through the rear side of the motherboard tray. 

I think i can make do with the pump and res com, and Velcro it somewhere in the other compartment
Thanks for the suggestions again

4 hours ago, BenNguyen said:

I think i can make do with the pump and res com, and Velcro it somewhere in the other compartment
Thanks for the suggestions again

If you do want to use something like velcro I would recommend to go with 3M dual lock, it's basically like velcro on steroids, holds stuff really well. 

On 9/25/2016 at 0:42 PM, W-L said:

If you do want to use something like velcro I would recommend to go with 3M dual lock, it's basically like velcro on steroids, holds stuff really well. 

yea that what i have, and still waiting on EK to deliver my res+pump cooler the tubing is here, the 1080 is already here #feelsslowman