Philips SHP9500 mod?

Savir

A co-worker is selling his Philips SHP9500 for $40 so of course I told him I'll buy it. I want to have a good closed back headphone because its always noisy where I go. I was thinking about doing this mod: 

Anyone done this before? This mod costs like $80 and people seem to really like them and I think they'll be good for the music I listen too. Any advice on how viable this is? Or should I just buy a a closed pair of headphones for around $100?

I have these headphones, they're my daily drivers, and I have tried different types of cups, different materials, thicknesses, and shapes. I can assure you it is a terrible mod to do, all it ever does is make the headphones sound narrow, closed off, and muffled. Trying to turn these headphones into closed cans is a terrible idea and will only make them sound worse when they already sound amazing. On a side note these headphones don't look that big but after looking in the mirror with them on they really are huge and cups will make you look ridiculous.

The only mod worth doing is changing the pads. Improved comfort, no soaking up sweat, more noticeable bass while being sightly more punchy, much more noticeable sub bass.

Here is my shameless promotion for my video on how to change the pads the correct way: 

9 hours ago, aaaveritt said:

I have these headphones, they're my daily drivers, and I have tried different types of cups, different materials, thicknesses, and shapes. I can assure you it is a terrible mod to do, all it ever does is make the headphones sound narrow, closed off, and muffled. Trying to turn these headphones into closed cans is a terrible idea and will only make them sound worse when they already sound amazing. On a side note these headphones don't look that big but after looking in the mirror with them on they really are huge and cups will make you look ridiculous.

The only mod worth doing is changing the pads. Improved comfort, no soaking up sweat, more noticeable bass while being sightly more punchy, much more noticeable sub bass.

Here is my shameless promotion for my video on how to change the pads the correct way: 

Yeah I think I'll just buy $100 closed headphones since my environment is pretty loud and the mod as you and @iShad said doesn't seem worth it.