Kabylake just OC Skylake?

Hello i was wondering if this is true i was browsing earlier today on forums and other sites along with youtube and i heard that Kabylake is pretty much just going to be overclocked Skylake chips. What do you guys think?

Sorry i cant find my sources i wish i saved them.

Yes. 

Damn finally an i7 7th gen cpu

6 minutes ago, silverjay928 said:

Hello i was wondering if this is true i was browsing earlier today on forums and other sites along with youtube and i heard that Kabylake is pretty much just going to be overclocked Skylake chips. What do you guys think?

It wasn't expected to be much of anything else different.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Well there are architectural changes, they didn't just take skylake and apply an overclock to it. It should still meet basically the same TDP despite the higher clock, which means it is more efficient than skylake, and may possibly OC higher. The main reason to upgrade would be the chipset, since Kaby Lake is the last architectural change before a process shrink (cannonlake) and therefore the new Z270 Motherboards should be compatible with 10nm cannonlake processors as well.

Kaby lake will also have access to 10 bit h.265 encoding on the hardware side, improved speedshift, native support for hdcp 2.2/thunderbolt 3 and usb 3.1 gen 2 (through union point), and many other improvements as well. So no, its not just an "OC skylake".

Edit: Optane may be a thing as well, not certain.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2016 at 11:46 AM, silverjay928 said:

5-10% performance increase and a little bit more power efficient. I dont think its worth it.  I've read that it would cost almost the same as current Skylake processors, if not a little bit pricier. But the upside is, Skylake processors will drop price. What I would do is, buy a Skylake, maybe a 6700k if the price after price drop is just the same as an 6600k current price, and overclock the heck out of it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270F Gaming | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 8GB 2x4 3200 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | PSU: Seasonic G-550w 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) | Monitor: BenQ XL2411 144hz | Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB

I'd like to make a Chemistry joke, but all the good ones ARGON. *nudgenudge *winkwink

6 minutes ago, FRN said:

5-10% performance increase and a little bit more power efficient. I dont think its worth it.  I've read that it would cost almost the same as current Skylake processors, if not a little bit pricier. But the upside is, Skylake processors will drop price. What I would do is, buy a Skylake, maybe a 6700k if the price after price drop is just the same as an 6600k current price, and overclock the heck out of it.

I doubt that it will be 5-10% performance increase sense the IPC will be the same. Also skylake processors will probobly not drop in price much just look at the i7 4790k and that wasnt even on the same socket and was 22nm plus it dosnt support ddr4 etc and its still pretty much that same price as the i7 6700k.

1 minute ago, TotaLInsanity said:

I doubt that it will be 5-10% performance increase sense the IPC will be the same. Also skylake processors will probobly not drop in price much just look at the i7 4790k and that wasnt even on the same socket and was 22nm plus it dosnt support ddr4 etc and its still pretty much that same price as the i7 6700k.

We'll never know until the day comes. Schrodinger's Cat suggests its price will go down, and at the same time, will not go down.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270F Gaming | Cooler: Cryorig H7 | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 8GB 2x4 3200 MHz | GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | PSU: Seasonic G-550w 80+ Gold Certified, Semi Modular | Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | Case: NZXT S340 Elite (Black/Red) | Monitor: BenQ XL2411 144hz | Keyboard: Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Silent | Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB

I'd like to make a Chemistry joke, but all the good ones ARGON. *nudgenudge *winkwink