1st Build, I want to break the laws of physics and matter to fully destroy my PS4 in performance

Cynical_Toaster

Hey everyone, I've been planning to build a gaming PC for a while now and this is the list I've come up with: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/v9C28K

Is this list ready to go as is, or am I forgetting some important/ recommended part? Any thoughts on how to better optimise this list while not raising the price too much are also welcome as are recommendations for mechanical keyboards that don't use blue switches, or superior monitors around the same price point.

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, Cynical_Toaster said:

Hey everyone, I've been planning to build a gaming PC for a while now and this is the list I've come up with: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/v9C28K

Is this list ready to go as is, or am I forgetting some important/ recommended part? Any thoughts on how to better optimise this list while not raising the price too much are also welcome as are recommendations for mechanical keyboards that don't use blue switches, or superior monitors around the same price point.

Thanks in advance.

I think "crush" is an understatement. I'm pretty sure that "break the laws of physics and matter and fully destroy my PS4 in performance and never see it again while wiping it off of the face of the earth". It's a good build.

i like trains 🙂

9 minutes ago, Cynical_Toaster said:

Thanks in advance.

Looks great but i would consider an IPS panel monitor instead of a TN panel. the games feel much more immersive and nicer overall due to the larger viewing angle 

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600

My opinion...

• I had that same MSI 1070 and it failed on me in a week. I'm going to guess it was because it was the first batch of them. The fans went out and the card overheated.
  • That monitor is great. Using it now and couldn't be happier unless it was a 2k.
  • Had that mouse. Pretty cool but get the RGB one. I also had a problem with the bottom falling off. I got a corsair M65 to replace it.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

4 minutes ago, Implosivetech said:

I think "crush" is an understatement. I'm pretty sure that "break the laws of physics and matter and fully destroy my PS4 in performance and never see it again while wiping it off of the face of the earth". It's a good build.

Adjusted the title accordingly

Just now, Cynical_Toaster said:

Adjusted the title accordingly

Omg, I can't stop laughing

i like trains 🙂

5 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

My opinion...

• I had that same MSI 1070 and it failed on me in a week. I'm going to guess it was because it was the first batch of them. The fans went out and the card overheated.
  • That monitor is great. Using it now and couldn't be happier unless it was a 2k.
  • Had that mouse. Pretty cool but get the RGB one. I also had a problem with the bottom falling off. I got a corsair M65 to replace it.

So should I go for a different 1070? or has that problem been solved?

I grabbed the rgb mouse earlier today, logitech are selling it for £50 with free express shipping which seemed reasonable enough

Just now, Cynical_Toaster said:

So should I go for a different 1070? or has that problem been solved?

I grabbed the rgb mouse earlier today, logitech are selling it for £50 with free express shipping which seemed reasonable enough

I have no information on the problem (if even it was one). I just returned it to Newegg because I'm tired of MSI failing on me and bought an Asus Strix. Couldn't be happier with it. In all honesty I bet you dollars to donuts it'll probably be fine. Maybe I just have bad luck.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

28 minutes ago, Vigilante505 said:

I have no information on the problem (if even it was one). I just returned it to Newegg because I'm tired of MSI failing on me and bought an Asus Strix. Couldn't be happier with it. In all honesty I bet you dollars to donuts it'll probably be fine. Maybe I just have bad luck.

Fair enough, I'll make sure wherever I buy it from has a good return policy in case it wasn't just rotten luck on your part. Thanks