Zotac gtx 780 amp! any good?

epicapple01

Is it any good. Goes for 700$ where I live. While asus and msi go for 830$. Only thing else around the same price was Leadtek's gtx 780. But i'm definitely not going for that

It's the fastest factory clock. Has 2 years local + 3 years extended warranty. But my only concern is the temperature. 

It runs at 79c. While asus (72c) evga with acx cooling (74)

What does lower temperature give to a graphics card? more room to overclock? Is the 79c mark safe for the 780? 

Should I get the zotac card?

Get the ASUS card if you can! :) It is definetely worth the extra 130 USD and yeas lower temps lets you CO higher and lets the card last longer :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

nope!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

If you don't have more money get the zotac, if not, go for e MSI LIightning edition. It is just killer. It beats the asus by a tonne and it's not too much more expensive

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

If you don't have more money get the zotac, if not, go for e MSI LIightning edition. It is just killer. It beats the asus by a tonne and it's not too much more expensive

nope!

Get the ASUS card if you can! :) It is definetely worth the extra 130 USD and yeas lower temps lets you CO higher and lets the card last longer :)

Thanks, but is the zotac card good?

Thanks, but is the zotac card good?

I would say no but I don´t have enough experience with Zotac to be reliable so go ahead if you don´t have the money for the ASUS one :)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I would say no but I don´t have enough experience with Zotac to be reliable so go ahead if you don´t have the money for the ASUS one :)

Okay thanks :D

Zotac is a OK brand, their products are not excellent, but they are reliable, ive had 2 zotac cards a 8600 and a 200 series one, no problems. If you want a "beast", go for Asus or MSI, if not, stick to zotac

(Gygabite will give you an average between zotac and msi).

(MSI Lightning is the highes you can aim.)

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I have a Zotac 670, and I've had no problems yet, the thing is working like a charm. I haven't overclocked it yet, and I guess that the ASUS or MSI would OC better that the Zotac.

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

The Zotac GeForce GTX 780 AMP Edition is a very good card for the price but as others have state, you'd have a better card going with the ASUS Direct CU II GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

If the Asus one is a lot more expensive I would definitely by the Zotac card

Zotac is okay brand. I have their video card and can't complain on anything so far.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Zotac used to be a budget minded brand, but they have become pretty decent recently.  Do they generally run warmer?  Yes because their fan design isn't great, but 79*C on max load is very acceptable as cards are meant to run that warm.  Also "most" tests people run a very low fan curve to keep noise down.  Personally anything under 70*C I keep fans below 50% depending on the card.  So you can always up the fan curve to keep it cooler for OC.

my only fear is the temperature it's at. I wouldn't be overclocking any card if I get one, Even if i get the Asus. The gtx780 running at 79c safe?

Yes, anything under 80C is completely safe for any card. Once you start pushing 90C you may need to look at new cooling solutions or dropping back on OC's.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans