Strange Computer Issue

bgibbz
2 minutes ago, LabRat said:

you might recheck the raid set up/drivers, etc. Maybe reinstall MB drivers.

just sounds odd that it stopped working correctly after taking it to school. if it was networked anything could have migrated or one of you "friends" could have added a bug? maybe spyware?

Anything is possible i suppose, although i would say that it is highly unlikely. As i mentioned in my original post, i reinstalled windows a month ago so any viruses should have been eliminated. I was only gone from the system for 15 min, and it was locked the entire time, and the friends im talking about ive know for 15 years. I think its most likely some strange hardware fault, possibly in the GPU. This glitch has sustained new peripherals and new windows installs so i would be surprised if its software related. The only thing i can think of is that it could possibly be related to the DVI outputs on my GPU. I connect one of my monitors using DVI, and when i brought my computer to school, i may have switched DVI ports on the GPU. I take my computer out to the garage like once every few months to blow out the inside, so its possible that i did that and switched the DVI ports again a few months ago in order to fix the issue. Definitely a stretch, but im out of ideas. 

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

Wait: Teamviewer or someone could be messing with your windows by setting up a RAT through a back door.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

1 minute ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

Wait: Teamviewer or someone could be messing with your windows by setting up a RAT through a back door.

I do use teamviewer, can you explain what you mean?

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

AHA! THAT MIGHT BE YOUR PROBLEM:

People can backdoor teamviewer, and use it to access your computer. When this happens, there is evident lag, the mouse moving where it wants sometimes, AND Visible slowdown, but nothing wrong with any of the hardware/software.

Its possible someone is using teamviewer, and you have no idea about it.

It would also explain why its hard to replicate. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

36 minutes ago, ♠FlamieMeister♠ said:

AHA! THAT MIGHT BE YOUR PROBLEM:

People can backdoor teamviewer, and use it to access your computer. When this happens, there is evident lag, the mouse moving where it wants sometimes, AND Visible slowdown, but nothing wrong with any of the hardware/software.

While definitely possible, the fact that he computer works fine except the mouse makes me sceptical. There is no unusual slow down with any thing, and the only noticeable effects are drastic mouse slow down. I'm leaning towards a hardware issue, I think it's something similar to what Linus was pointing out in his "haunted hardware" video, where there is some strange, minor flaw in the hardware that causes weird issues. Also, teamviewer wouldn't explain why the machine wouldn't restart, and required me to physically yank the plug. Anyways, I don't use teamviewer that much so I'll disable it to be safe.