Monitor choices

SirBun

Looking for a good 24 inch, 1080p monitor for gaming, and other causal stuff like films, youtube ect. i was ideally looking for something with freesync, and ips. but cant seem to find anything decent with those requirements. i do have two monitors currently in mind.
>

Dell UltraSharp U2414H

DELL P2417H 23.8-Inch Full HD LED Monitor - Black

im not sure what the difference is between these two tbh, the price point is pretty much the same, the resolution and specs all seem the same, but i have heard the displayport doesent work properly on the U2414H, but no idea about the P2417h. if anyone has experience with these monitors that would be appreciated. or if anyone has better suggestions for a 24 inch ips freesync monitor, thanks :) 

To be honest, there's very little difference between the two. The U2414H can have issues when daisychaining DisplayPort with more than two monitors, but is fine with a single monitor. 

I personally love my U2414H, so that would be my recommendation. 

IPS Freesync monitors start at around $300 as far as I can find, so may be more than you're willing to spend. 

There is the LG 23MP68VQ, but it seems to be hard to find.

3 minutes ago, LukeO0805 said:

i use a 2 moniter setup i recomend hp w2007

Not lying when they say 2007... lol

But I'd go with the U2414H 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

nice, i have heard mostly people having issues with daisychaining, something i dont intend to do so i should be fine with this monitor, i do intend to use the Display port, so glad i know it works with one monitor. ill plan on getting the gtx1060 or 1070 with this monitor, whats the screen like while gaming? any screentearing? 

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Not lying when they say 2007... lol

I like how DVI-D is described as an "advanced digital interface" for the monitor. 1680 x 1050 is very 2007.

5 minutes ago, LukeO0805 said:

i use a 2 moniter setup i recomend hp w2207

That monitor literally belongs in 2007... 1680x1050 is old school tech nowadays.

3 minutes ago, SirBun said:

nice, i have heard mostly people having issues with daisychaining, something i dont intend to do so i should be fine with this monitor, i do intend to use the Display port, so glad i know it works with one monitor. ill plan on getting the gtx1060 or 1070 with this monitor, whats the screen like while gaming? any screentearing? 

Screentearing is entirely dependent on the game and GPU, not the monitor (if we're comparing monitors with the same refresh rate, at least). 

It's good for gaming. It's not my main monitor, but colours are good and I didn't really notice anything worse than my other 1080p monitors. Stand is excellent on the U2414H as well. 

9 minutes ago, LukeO0805 said:

tbh, these screens look pretty good, i may just get them instead, if i get close enough i may not even see the bezzles. 

but on a serious note thanks. i think ill go with the 24 14, was just worried about some displayport issues it had, and wondered if the 17 version addressed it. 

1 minute ago, LukeO0805 said:

lololololololololololololololololol just kidding

Should have gone with the Panasonic CT-34WX50. Now THAT is a display fit for 2016!

16 minutes ago, LukeO0805 said:

I see you seemed to have copied my location status. It's not like I can stop you from doing this, nor do I care whether or not you do it but I have to ask why?

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

3 minutes ago, Railgun said:

I see you seemed to have copied my location status. It's not like I can stop you from doing this, nor do I care whether or not you do it but I have to ask why?

To be called out on spelling maybe?

I mean....ware would you find how to spell where if not for LTT?

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

10 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Should have gone with the Panasonic CT-34WX50. Now THAT is a display fit for 2016!

To be fair... it is higher res than that HP monitor and CRT so... RESPONSE TIME MADNESS

Just now, SkilledRebuilds said:

To be called out on spelling maybe?

I mean....ware would you find how to spell where if not for LTT?

I was actually going to call him out on his terrible attempt at copying me but I forgot to and was too lazy to edit the message

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Is the U2414H still available? I thought it was being phased out for the U2417H?

I have a single U2414H, and it's pretty good. Thin bezels are FTW :)

From what I understand, the difference between U and P lines from Dell have generally been the target market, with the Ultrasharp being more for consumers, while the P(rofessional?) line has been more for their SMB users. As for use cases, you will sometimes see small differences like video input options, but generally the panel is the same.

How much can you spend ?

Do you care about

colours ?

High refresh rate ?

Resolution ? (Why ?)

Size ?

Screen aesthetics ?

What do you want to do with it ?

Hi, im not a ahrdcore gamer by any means, but the games i do play ive researched to be demanding, such as modded skyrim, bioshock ect. im perfectly fine with 1080p gaming at 60 Hz refresh rate, prior to my new build i mostly games on a ps3/360, and i thought 30fps looked good :P it will mostly be used for some light work, media usage such as youtube/films/other media sites. and some gaming. i personally prefer vibrant and good viewing angles so an ips display is a must. and from my few days of searching, there doesent seem to be many monitors that fit my specifications, except this dell, its £200, i just worried about display port. ideally i was looking for something with freesync as im worried about screen tearing, ive seen some demos and it looks awful, i wouldnt be able to play any games if it screenteared, i also heard vsync has majot input lag. but havent personally tested, if i do go witht he dell ultrasharp, what GPU do you reccomend? or what other monitor would you reccomend? thanks