Got a second bargain NAS, what now?

skywake

So apparently my Mum was trawling the Facebook classifieds and came across a WD My Book Live Duo 4TB for $80. Presumably it has 2x 2TB WD Greens in it so I told her to get it for me. I'm going to check it out for her before she hands over the money but assuming it's not DOA I'm wondering what I should do with it. Right now I have a 2-Bay Asus NAS (was ~$120 clearance without drives) with 2x 2TB WD Reds in it running in RAID 1.

So what's my best option?

- Have a second "spare" NAS on the network for added redundancy (I already backup to a 2.5TB WD Green)

- Get a 4-Bay NAS for ~$350 or so and populate it with the Greens and the Reds, sell/gift my trusty old Asus NAS

- Give the My Book to a family member of sell for the profits

- Other

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I'd consolidate evrything into a nice 4 bay NAS. I've always liked the synology ones, plus their software is starting to be damn closer to a home server than a simple NAS, so it should be a fun product

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

Is mixing Reds and Greens a good idea?

...... also starting to wonder whether it's stolen or something for $80. Hmm.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing