TV gaming help

BrandonIsComputering

I'm saving up for a gtx 1080 and will be mostly be playing on my tv. I know the 1080 is pretty over kill for 1080p, would that still apply to a 55 inch tv? Would I see jittering or screen tearing? I will eventually get a 4K tv for sure but it would probably be a while. 

There will be increased input lag on a TV compared to most if not all PC monitors.

(Input lag on a TV can feel like the Delay Vsync can give you)

You can use Nvidia's DSR (Supersampling) if you want more eye candy, 1080p your not going to see 100% out of your GPU in some games, 1080p on a GTX1080 isn't demanding enough. So use DSR if need be.

With Vsync off, you'll get tearing, with it on, you'll have more input lag.

Test it game to game, see what you FEEL is better for that chosen experience.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Well, you will get same performance on 1080p, size dose not matter in this case. Unsure about the screen taring or jittering part, but I do not think that should be an problem. I have had some aspect ratio problems with tvs before, so look out for that. Also tvs I've heard that funky stuff in regards to refresh rates.

1 minute ago, Jazzod said:

Well, you will get same performance on 1080p, size dose not matter in this case. Unsure about the screen taring or jittering part, but I do not think that should be an problem. I have had some aspect ratio problems with tvs before, so look out for that. Also tvs I've heard that funky stuff in regards to refresh rates.

Yeah some TV's you have to DISABLE all the extra feature shit (Frame Interpolation/Doubling) because it adds more delay to the TV getting what you want it to do.

He will have screen tearing if not using Vsync. - Like any other screen, TV or Monitor

He will have extra input lag with Vsync - Like any other screen, TV or Monitor

He will unfortunately have TV input lag, on TOP of whatever he chooses above (So if the TV has a "Game" mode, use that as it reduces latency)

Aspect Ratio's, even using HDMI on a 1080p native TV, can have borders and even not fit to the edges.

Fortunately both Nvidia and AMD have control panel options for this issue.

Know that your at the limit of your CPU...with that GPU at 1080p.

Your GPU may provide 200fps @ 1080p, but your CPU may only be powerful enough to display less than that (as an average FPS of EG: 90-95fps) Which is why people will tell you to use a higher resolution to shift the balance back to the GPU being loaded as a primary concern instead of the CPU delivering a certain FPS.

If you were chasing 144fps, and the CPU was only pushing out 90-95FPS, thats the CPU necking it., but 1440p/4K, shifted more towards GPU attaining less FPS (less than that 90-95FPS) then your GPU bound.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz