Mini-ITX multipurpose

SereneMango

I'll use my PC for digital drawing, 3D (rendering, modeling and animation) and gaming (I want to play most of games available, but don't care of playing with max graphics). Right away I'll use free programs such as Blender and Krita, but I want to vary in the future.

My budget is CLP $600k (I live in Chile). That's USD $887 as for today.

After researching for one week on different sites and groups, this is what I'll buy in two weeks:

CPU: i5-6500

GPU: MSI GTX 950 Gaming 2G

MOBO: ASUS H110I-PLUS

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2 x 4GB 2400

SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB

PSU: Corsair RM550

CASE: Cooler Master Elite 130

I already own a 1680x1050 monitor, a USB mouse, the case and the motherboard. I have in mind buying an HDD, upgrade the RAM and maaaaybe the GPU later (something like a GTX 1070, if I do it soon enough), once I feel I need to upgrade at least two of the three parts, since the only local store here overprices almost everything. Now my goal is replace my current laptop asap.

I used SoloTodo, which seems to be like a Southamerican version of PCPartPicker. A guy in that site can buy all the parts and send them to my house, so shipment won't be much of an issue.

I want a small PC. My room is small, so I won't be uncomfortable with one.

I think you should wait for Zen as i think it will be much better for rendering (at lower budget) =D

Nice build. I do agree, get the SSD now and then add in a WD Blue 1TB or Seagate Barracuda later for only like $50 USD later.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

1 hour ago, frozeNNN said:

I think you should wait for Zen as i think it will be much better for rendering (at lower budget) =D

1 hour ago, MrMontolio said:

Now my goal is replace my current laptop asap.

I barely can do things with a Celeron and 2GB of RAM... I think I waited for too long already. Has Zen an official release date?

You could also consider a Corsair Carbide 250D case.

You could save some money by getting a Corsair CX550M power supply instead of the RM550.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

1 hour ago, Quaker said:

You could also consider a Corsair Carbide 250D case.

You could save some money by getting a Corsair CX550M power supply instead of the RM550.

The case looks really neat... Could consider it if I hadn't bought the one I have now. And I bought it because it was in my city (the only small case). Saved money on shipment, heh.

As for the PSU... I think it's less probable I'll find it here. But if I could, do you think I will save more money, long-term-wise? Because I won't change of PSU once I buy it, since all I could add in this case is more storage.

3 hours ago, MrMontolio said:

I barely can do things with a Celeron and 2GB of RAM... I think I waited for too long already. Has Zen an official release date?

I use pentium dual core and 2gb ddr2 ram too :) 

22 hours ago, MrMontolio said:

As for the PSU... I think it's less probable I'll find it here. But if I could, do you think I will save more money, long-term-wise? Because I won't change of PSU once I buy it, since all I could add in this case is more storage.

Long term, the difference in power costs between a "gold" unit and a "bronze" unit never makes up for the initial extra cost of the gold. (or, at least, not for 8-10 years of normal home use)

Since components are generally using less and less power, it's most likely you'll never need more than 500 watts in any build you can put in that case. (Basically, you'd need to use 2 or more graphics cards to use any significantly more power.)

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD