Best 21:9 Ultrawide PC Titles for 2016 and Beyond?

bsodmike

Hi all,

I've just built my new 2016 gaming rig and the first title I snagged is the relatively new Rise of the Tomb Raider - here's a quick clip of one of my streams via Twitch

What are the best 21:9 titles you've come across, have played or looking forward to playing?

It would be great if folks could detail any issues they've come across etc.

For example, I wanted to give Witcher 3 a try but found the cut-scenes would play in a box. StarCraft-II (and I believe Overwatch) also play inside a "box" type view based on Blizzard sticking to a supposed unfair advantage policy (really?).

Thanks!!

I've had a ultrawide for a couple of years now. And in my experience most cutscenes are in 16:9. But one of my favourites to play in ultrawide was Mad Max. I've had no issues except for games that don't support ultrawide e.g. Fallout 4 or the new remastered bioshock games. Plus old games that don't support 21:9 look terrible.

Yup most ingame cutscenes are rendered as 16:9 so there is no work around on that. Witcher 3 on ultrawide looks awesome. Most modern games will support 21:9.

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

On 9/18/2016 at 0:48 PM, Yorksha said:

I've had a ultrawide for a couple of years now. And in my experience most cutscenes are in 16:9. But one of my favourites to play in ultrawide was Mad Max. I've had no issues except for games that don't support ultrawide e.g. Fallout 4 or the new remastered bioshock games. Plus old games that don't support 21:9 look terrible.

Ugh.  It's ashame that even the UEFI asus BIOS looks terrible.

17 hours ago, Predator50 said:

Yup most ingame cutscenes are rendered as 16:9 so there is no work around on that. Witcher 3 on ultrawide looks awesome. Most modern games will support 21:9.

Thanks!

I've been ready and able to drop serious cash on a Ultra-Wide since I got my 290x at launch...(that long ago), but have not due to non-native supports.

21:9 started to come out YEARS ago, it should be taken seriously by now...

But it's not, so I will continue to wait.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz