I want to learn Java where should I start?

Hulkbert
Go to solution Solved by JFischer00,
1 minute ago, Hulkbert said:

I get lynda for free as well. So, where do you recommend I start?

Well, here's an 87 video Beginner's playlist of Java tutorials on YouTube. You could watch those and then move onto the Intermediate and Advanced series'. Or if you want to use lynda.com, here's one course I mentioned above and here's the other.

I want to learn java so I can code in android studio. Where is the best place to get started?

2 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

I want to learn java so I can code in android studio. Where is the best place to get started?

probably w3 or code academy, be mindful that it will cost money for advanced courses

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

probably w3 or code academy, be mindful that it will cost money for advanced courses

Ok. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

Does lynda.com have java courses?

9 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

Does lynda.com have java courses?

Yes, however if you don't have lynda.com, I would suggest TheNewBoston on YouTube. He makes great Java tutorials.

Just now, JFischer00 said:

Yes, however if you don't have lynda.com, I would suggest TheNewBoston on YouTube. He makes great Java tutorials.

lynda is really expensive and the courses are generally for people that already have an expert level knowledge of programming, The courses are just focused on niche functions and other things like that. there isn't one comprehensive java course.

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

lynda is really expensive and the courses are generally for people that already have an expert level knowledge of programming, The courses are just focused on niche functions and other things like that. there isn't one comprehensive java course.

So, I noticed that codeacademy costs 20 a month. 

4 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

Well, just looking at it quickly they have beginner-rated courses like "Java Essential Training" and "Up And Running With Java". Also, I wouldn't know how much it costs because I get it for free through my county's library system. :D Now I realize not everyone is in that position, which is why I recommended those YouTube tutorials.

1 minute ago, JFischer00 said:

Well, just looking at it quickly they have beginner-rated courses like "Java Essential Training" and "Up And Running With Java". Also, I wouldn't know how much it costs because I get it for free through my county's library system. :D Now I realize not everyone is in that position, which is why I recommended those YouTube tutorials.

1 minute ago, Hulkbert said:

Well, here's an 87 video Beginner's playlist of Java tutorials on YouTube. You could watch those and then move onto the Intermediate and Advanced series'. Or if you want to use lynda.com, here's one course I mentioned above and here's the other.

28 minutes ago, Hulkbert said:

Try sololearn, its free and its not bad, I didn't try java but I did html5, was very good. Good luck ?

2 hours ago, JFischer00 said:

Thanks!