Laptop Screen Brightness Troubles

Willzar

My laptop runs Ubuntu 12.10 and no matter what I have tried my laptop sticks at full brightness all the time. It has a terrible battery life and the brightness hurts my eyes during use.

I have tried editing grub with all the strings other people suggest.

My Laptop is:

Toshiba Satellite C665 (PSC55A-008005)

Intel Core i5 2410M

NVIDIA GeForce 315M 1GB

Any ideas would be appreciated,

Thanks in advance

I'm guessing you have tryed the keyboard shortcut if you have one, and it diden't work?

I hate laptop that doesn't use hardware level for it's special keys. This is something I like with business class laptops. It's done right. They are usually 100% OS independent, and doesn't require some stupid software. Dell is very strong in this.

Anyway, All I think is setting the brightness in the BIOS. If you don't have this, than I am afraid I don't know what else you can do.

I'm guessing you have tryed the keyboard shortcut if you have one, and it diden't work?

Yes I have a keyboard shortcut, It registers I want to change the brightness and it goes up and down but doesn't actually change anything.

I hate laptop that doesn't use hardware level for it's special keys. This is something I like with business class laptops. It's done right. They are usually 100% OS independent, and doesn't require some stupid software. Dell is very strong in this.

Anyway, All I think is setting the brightness in the BIOS. If you don't have this, than I am afraid I don't know what else you can do.

Nope no bios setting