[HELP]Entry level Build plan[HELP]

Jed Gabriel

$550 or 25k Php.. Philippines
Entry level 1080p gaming/school work/some photo/video rendering for projects/replace my old laptop
planning to buy cheap 1080p monitor-aoc m2060swd2 and cheapo logitech mouse and keyboard...
My Build are

i3 6100
sapphire rx 460( originally planning to buy 750 ti but I heard rx 460 is the same price and has 10-30% performance increase)
2x4gb kingston hyper x fury 2400
mobo still choosing between asrock h110 hdv, asus h110 d, msi h110 pro vd, and msi h110 pro vh
seasonic s12II 520 watss 80+bronze
hyper 212x
ssd choosing between zotac t400/t500, team l7 evo, sandisk plus, kingston hyper x fury, adata sp550, kingston ssdnow uv400, ocz trion 150, kingston ssd now v300, sandisk ultra II
hdd choosing between 1tb wdc blue an seagate 1tb baracuda
pls help mee to choose and tell me whick should I replace for the same price.. 
Thanks in Advance :))

Edited by Jed Gabriel
forgot to include the hdd

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4khcHN
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4khcHN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 470 4GB HS Triple X Video Card  ($209.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.33 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $549.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-16 20:04 EDT-0400

You could swap the HDD for an SSD but I would choose mass storage over an SSD (all situational)

You can fit an RX 470 in that budget which will help performance quite a bit

If you can increase your budget by ~$20-30, get an RX 480 instead, really nice performance-to-price ratio

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#sort=a8&page=1&c=370

You should get a single 8 GB stick in boards that have only 2 DIMM slots to allow for cheaper upgrade in the future (instead of 2x4 GB sticks because that will take up both slots). a great budget SSD is the Adata SP550 and I usually recommend it to budget builders, but normally I recommend HDD's to people who cannot afford both as I value mass storage over faster speeds. This is mostly because I'm a gamer and SSD's don't really increase performance at all over HDD's, and HDD's will allow you to store as many games as you wish =).

@cdsboy2000 has a pretty good build linked there if you can afford those components. I agree with all of his choices except that you should have 1x8GB stick of RAM instead of 2x4GB RAM for cheaper upgrade in the future.

6 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

You should get a single 8 GB stick in boards that have only 2 DIMM slots to allow for cheaper upgrade in the future (instead of 2x4 GB sticks because that will take up both slots). a great budget SSD is the Adata SP550 and I usually recommend it to budget builders, but normally I recommend HDD's to people who cannot afford both as I value mass storage over faster speeds. This is mostly because I'm a gamer and SSD's don't really increase performance at all over HDD's, and HDD's will allow you to store as many games as you wish =).

@cdsboy2000 has a pretty good build linked there if you can afford those components. I agree with all of his choices except that you should have 1x8GB stick of RAM instead of 2x4GB RAM for cheaper upgrade in the future.

forgot to include the hdd i was planning to buy....yes but where would i use the 16gb?? I dont do works like crazy..im just a teenager...I cant choose between the ssd's T_T they are in the same price range and i dont know which i should get :/

14 minutes ago, cdsboy2000 said:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4khcHN
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/4khcHN/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($110.88 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.88 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 470 4GB HS Triple X Video Card  ($209.88 @ OutletPC) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($45.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($43.33 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $549.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-16 20:04 EDT-0400

You could swap the HDD for an SSD but I would choose mass storage over an SSD (all situational)

You can fit an RX 470 in that budget which will help performance quite a bit

If you can increase your budget by ~$20-30, get an RX 480 instead, really nice performance-to-price ratio

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#sort=a8&page=1&c=370

I cant find some of those parts here in my local place....like the motherboard, that xfx 470...and I think 460 should be enough for 6100 because if I bought the rx 470 maybe my cpu cant keep up...that case is expensive af..I was planning to get tecware..(local company here in my country for producing cases) that cost $43 if converted.......I cant find evga power supplies in here...Only thermal take,corsair,aerocool,and seasonic

33 minutes ago, Jed Gabriel said:

$550 or 25k Php.. Philippines
Entry level 1080p gaming/school work/some photo/video rendering for projects/replace my old laptop
planning to buy cheap 1080p monitor-aoc m2060swd2 and cheapo logitech mouse and keyboard...
My Build are

i3 6100
sapphire rx 460( originally planning to buy 750 ti but I heard rx 460 is the same price and has 10-30% performance increase)
2x4gb kingston hyper x fury 2400
mobo still choosing between asrock h110 hdv, asus h110 d, msi h110 pro vd, and msi h110 pro vh
seasonic s12II 520 watss 80+bronze
hyper 212x
ssd choosing between zotac t400/t500, team l7 evo, sandisk plus, kingston hyper x fury, adata sp550, kingston ssdnow uv400, ocz trion 150, kingston ssd now v300, sandisk ultra II
hdd choosing between 1tb wdc blue an seagate 1tb baracuda
pls help mee to choose and tell me whick should I replace for the same price.. 
Thanks in Advance :))

Free version of Windows 8.1 if you are a student: https://catalog.imagine.microsoft.com/en-US/Catalog/Product/82

7 minutes ago, Jed Gabriel said:

forgot to include the hdd i was planning to buy....yes but where would i use the 16gb?? I dont do works like crazy..im just a teenager...I cant choose between the ssd's T_T they are in the same price range and i dont know which i should get :/

well it isn't necessarily that you need 16GB, its that the lesser option (8gb) could be potentially limiting, especially if you intend to use this computer for several years. many modern games nowadays can use 5-7GB without even breaking a sweat, so that doesn't leave very much room for anything else (such as a background music player, or windows, or whatever else). And i'm not saying you need 16GB by any means, I'm saying if you get 1x8 now you can get an identical 1x8 later if you decide you need it. if you decide you don't need it its not like you lose out on anything, you still have 8GB of RAM. often times 1 stick is cheaper than two anyway. there is literally no downside to getting a 1x8 stick.

1 minute ago, Jed Gabriel said:

I cant find some of those parts here in my local place....like the motherboard, that xfx 470...and I think 460 should be enough for 6100 because if I bought the rx 470 maybe my cpu cant keep up...that case is expensive af..I was planning to get tecware..(local company here in my country for producing cases) that cost $43 if converted.......I cant find evga power supplies in here...Only thermal take,corsair,aerocool,and seasonic

an i3 6100 can keep up just fine with a GTX 1070 in most situations. its not even going to bat an eye at your 460 or 470 (or even a 480). As for SSD's, you should look at that Adata SP550 or the OCZ Trion 150, get whichever of those two you want. they are typically (at least in the states/canada) the best performing per dollar that you can get. But honestly you can get any of those and they will all be fine and all be much faster than a HDD so you can just get whatever is cheapest if you want.

Corsair look for the CX450M (grey label) or the CX500 (green label) unit. the grey label units are the better choices but if it doesn't fit your budget the CX500 unit is similar to the 500B from EVGA. the green unit isn't the best quality, and if you ever upgrade the system you may want to upgrade it as well, but its fine for your current needs. Seasonic makes some pretty good units too and you could get pretty much any of those if you can afford it.

47 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

Oops, my bad, didn't check the # of DIMM slots :P

1 hour ago, Zyndo said:

well it isn't necessarily that you need 16GB, its that the lesser option (8gb) could be potentially limiting, especially if you intend to use this computer for several years. many modern games nowadays can use 5-7GB without even breaking a sweat, so that doesn't leave very much room for anything else (such as a background music player, or windows, or whatever else). And i'm not saying you need 16GB by any means, I'm saying if you get 1x8 now you can get an identical 1x8 later if you decide you need it. if you decide you don't need it its not like you lose out on anything, you still have 8GB of RAM. often times 1 stick is cheaper than two anyway. there is literally no downside to getting a 1x8 stick.

an i3 6100 can keep up just fine with a GTX 1070 in most situations. its not even going to bat an eye at your 460 or 470 (or even a 480). As for SSD's, you should look at that Adata SP550 or the OCZ Trion 150, get whichever of those two you want. they are typically (at least in the states/canada) the best performing per dollar that you can get. But honestly you can get any of those and they will all be fine and all be much faster than a HDD so you can just get whatever is cheapest if you want.

Corsair look for the CX450M (grey label) or the CX500 (green label) unit. the grey label units are the better choices but if it doesn't fit your budget the CX500 unit is similar to the 500B from EVGA. the green unit isn't the best quality, and if you ever upgrade the system you may want to upgrade it as well, but its fine for your current needs. Seasonic makes some pretty good units too and you could get pretty much any of those if you can afford it.

I think there is a downside for only using 1 stick 8gb...my memory is not in dual channel mode? Pls correct me if im wrong lel
so the adata and ocz are better like only 1-5% than those I identified on the original post?btw...which is the better hdd?? the seagate one or the wdc both 1tb???

cant choose between those ssd..they are in the same price range...dont know whats better than the other :/

55 minutes ago, Jed Gabriel said:

I think there is a downside for only using 1 stick 8gb...my memory is not in dual channel mode? Pls correct me if im wrong lel
so the adata and ocz are better like only 1-5% than those I identified on the original post?btw...which is the better hdd?? the seagate one or the wdc both 1tb???

You are absolutely correct about dual channel operation technically being faster. But realistically in practical applications and real-world use the difference is unnoticeable in a budget system like that. If you had GTX 1080 in SLI and a 6700k or better significantly overclocked, then you could see a performance difference in single vs dual or quad channel operations. If you were running a rendering or editing station then you MIGHT see a very minuscule improvement for dual channel (but again, only if your CPU was strong enough). For your workload and your system and your budget, there is going to be no appreciable difference in performance between single channel and dual channel operation.

as far as SSD's go, you don't need to really worry exactly about how fast they are or aren't. You seem to be very cautious about your budget so you should just get whatever is cheapest. I've recommended to you that the SP550 and Trion 150 are both solid SSD's and you're looking to talk yourself out of it because of price (or for some other reason). Just get whichever you want for whatever reason you want. Maybe they're more expensive in your region or maybe you prefer the look of one of the drives or if you like one brand more than the others, then just get that one. similar to the memory channel configuration; your choice of SSD isn't going to make that much difference in your workload (it could if we were talking about a low end SSD vs a high end SSD, but since these are all budget oriented options their performance levels are all fairly close to one another). My preference is the SP550 or Trion 150, but if you prefer something else then just pick that one.

As far as HDD goes, I'm going to assume you're talking about the Seagate Barracuda 1TB drive and the Western Digital 1TB Blue drive (each of these companies make various 1TB models, such as WD makes a Black drive, red drive, green drive, and so on, and their performance levels can differ by quite a bit depending on the model you get). If you compare the Barracuda drive to the Blue drive then the Barracuda is slightly faster and wins as far as raw performance goes, but only by a very small amount (10%-ish). However the Blue drive is a fair bit quieter than the Barracuda drive. I myself have a 1TB Blue drive from WD and it is completely silent when reading and writing information to and from the drive. I don't mean just quiet,  I mean absolutely inaudible which is remarkable for a hard drive. I would recommend the blue drive for that reason, but both of them are excellent options for your computer, get whichever you wish.

26 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

You are absolutely correct about dual channel operation technically being faster. But realistically in practical applications and real-world use the difference is unnoticeable in a budget system like that. If you had GTX 1080 in SLI and a 6700k or better significantly overclocked, then you could see a performance difference in single vs dual or quad channel operations. If you were running a rendering or editing station then you MIGHT see a very minuscule improvement for dual channel (but again, only if your CPU was strong enough). For your workload and your system and your budget, there is going to be no appreciable difference in performance between single channel and dual channel operation.

as far as SSD's go, you don't need to really worry exactly about how fast they are or aren't. You seem to be very cautious about your budget so you should just get whatever is cheapest. I've recommended to you that the SP550 and Trion 150 are both solid SSD's and you're looking to talk yourself out of it because of price (or for some other reason). Just get whichever you want for whatever reason you want. Maybe they're more expensive in your region or maybe you prefer the look of one of the drives or if you like one brand more than the others, then just get that one. similar to the memory channel configuration; your choice of SSD isn't going to make that much difference in your workload (it could if we were talking about a low end SSD vs a high end SSD, but since these are all budget oriented options their performance levels are all fairly close to one another). My preference is the SP550 or Trion 150, but if you prefer something else then just pick that one.

As far as HDD goes, I'm going to assume you're talking about the Seagate Barracuda 1TB drive and the Western Digital 1TB Blue drive (each of these companies make various 1TB models, such as WD makes a Black drive, red drive, green drive, and so on, and their performance levels can differ by quite a bit depending on the model you get). If you compare the Barracuda drive to the Blue drive then the Barracuda is slightly faster and wins as far as raw performance goes, but only by a very small amount (10%-ish). However the Blue drive is a fair bit quieter than the Barracuda drive. I myself have a 1TB Blue drive from WD and it is completely silent when reading and writing information to and from the drive. I don't mean just quiet,  I mean absolutely inaudible which is remarkable for a hard drive. I would recommend the blue drive for that reason, but both of them are excellent options for your computer, get whichever you wish.

thankss for your advice sir :)) Thank you very much :))