New PC in December

JacobGunther12
7 hours ago, JacobGunther12 said:

CPU: read the op before you post! As I said after the list, I explained why I chose an i7-6700K.

Memory: also explained in OP

storage: also explained in op

PSU: np

OS: choosing OS retailers other than the OEM is against PCPP's TOS

WNA: the mobo has an ethernet adapter, wifi adapt. is if for the room I move it to doesnt have Ethernet, I can use wifi temporarly.

Monitor: I am only gonna use my TV as the 2nd monitor for web design only

Headphones: nah, I like the color and they got 2ch surround, if I need other ones, I'll buy different ones

CPU: At this price point I think you should go better than the i7-6700k to avoid bottlenecks.

Memory: You really need more than 16GB.

Storage: You're throwing away money.

Headphones: Sound is even more important than video.

Mobo: Why don't you like MSI?

1 hour ago, rm -rf said:

CPU: At this price point I think you should go better than the i7-6700k to avoid bottlenecks.

Memory: You really need more than 16GB.

Storage: You're throwing away money.

Headphones: Sound is even more important than video.

Mobo: Why don't you like MSI?

CPU: There is no bottlenecking with the i7-6700K and 1440p, as I looked up a long while ago to answer this same question.

Memory: I don't "need" it, why do you think I need so much?

Storage: I'll probably end up using this PC for the next 10-15 years.

Headphones: You mean aesthetics? But like I said, it has 2ch surround which I love a lot and I have this in my current headphones.

Mobo: I'm just not a fan, I just am use to having all Gigabyte or Asus part lists, though this is also an aesthetics build and I want it to look nice so this mobo has all the features and has the color scheme I'm going for (All the RGB products in my build are most likely going to be changed to red, but the keyboard may be an exception. Though this is not included in the part list, I may pickup some RGB WideBeam interior lights from CableMod. I will also have custom cables from CableMod but a tip from a PCPP user said that I should probably wait until after I build my PC before I buy cables because I might buy too much/too little.)

He wasn't talking about the CPU bottleneck in games, he's talking about how the 6800k and higher rape the 6700k in video editing and with this budget you can easily fit a 6800k in it.

Yes you don't need 32GB of ram for video editing but it will help lower render times over 16GB and you have the budget to do so.

If you're going to be using this PC for that long why not get a 256GB 950 PRO M.2 SSD, 480/500GB SATA III SSD, and a big HDD for backups.

You can get a Win10 key for $35 on the Microsoft Software Swap subreddit.

Nothing wrong with MSI mobos. 

Anyways this thread seems more like a "HAHA I GOT ALL THIS MONEY FOR THIS PC WITHOUT MY PARENTS AND IM 13 SO SUCK IT" than a thread looking for assistance for a PC build

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MOBO: MSI B350 Gaming Pro

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz (2x 8GB)

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 8GB

Storage: Crucial MX 500 250GB, Crucial BX 200 240GB, 1TB WD Blue, 1TB Toshiba P300

PSU: Seasonic M12II 620W

15 hours ago, dankmemes said:

He wasn't talking about the CPU bottleneck in games, he's talking about how the 6800k and higher rape the 6700k in video editing and with this budget you can easily fit a 6800k in it.

Yes you don't need 32GB of ram for video editing but it will help lower render times over 16GB and you have the budget to do so.

If you're going to be using this PC for that long why not get a 256GB 950 PRO M.2 SSD, 480/500GB SATA III SSD, and a big HDD for backups.

You can get a Win10 key for $35 on the Microsoft Software Swap subreddit.

Nothing wrong with MSI mobos. 

Anyways this thread seems more like a "HAHA I GOT ALL THIS MONEY FOR THIS PC WITHOUT MY PARENTS AND IM 13 SO SUCK IT" than a thread looking for assistance for a PC build

I'm not gonna use the extra 2 cores for anything, anyway. If I do video edit, it's not like I'll be editing 4K footage that is 3 hours long, I'm gonna be scaling all my edits to 720p or 1080p.

Added!

I'll get the backup HDD.

Like I said above, it's against PCPP's TOS to use non-OEM OSes

Personal preference

Not true, you suggested to get the HDD and I did!

11 hours ago, JacobGunther12 said:

I'm not gonna use the extra 2 cores for anything, anyway. If I do video edit, it's not like I'll be editing 4K footage that is 3 hours long, I'm gonna be scaling all my edits to 720p or 1080p.

Added!

I'll get the backup HDD.

Like I said above, it's against PCPP's TOS to use non-OEM OSes

Personal preference

Not true, you suggested to get the HDD and I did!

"it's not like I'll be editing 4K Footage" vs "I'll probably end up using this PC for the next 10-15 years"

On 18/09/2016 at 10:32 AM, JacobGunther12 said:

CPU: There is no bottlenecking with the i7-6700K and 1440p, as I looked up a long while ago to answer this same question.

Memory: I don't "need" it, why do you think I need so much?

Storage: I'll probably end up using this PC for the next 10-15 years.

Headphones: You mean aesthetics? But like I said, it has 2ch surround which I love a lot and I have this in my current headphones.

Mobo: I'm just not a fan, I just am use to having all Gigabyte or Asus part lists, though this is also an aesthetics build and I want it to look nice so this mobo has all the features and has the color scheme I'm going for (All the RGB products in my build are most likely going to be changed to red, but the keyboard may be an exception. Though this is not included in the part list, I may pickup some RGB WideBeam interior lights from CableMod. I will also have custom cables from CableMod but a tip from a PCPP user said that I should probably wait until after I build my PC before I buy cables because I might buy too much/too little.)

CPU: Ummmm.... yeah, it'll bottleneck.

Memory: A high end build like this... for editing...

Headphones: I'm not talking about the aesthetics of the headphones, I'm talking about the quality.

Mobo: Being against a certain brand without reasoning...

And also, back to that earlier statement: "I'll probably end up using this PC for the next 10-15 years."

Things that existed 15 years ago:

1. Windows ME (Mistake Edition)

2. Windows XP was soon to be created

3. The beginning or DDR2

4. George W. Bush was president

5. You didn't exist

6. Pentium 4 Extreme Edition is what you'd be using

Have I made my point?

On 9/18/2016 at 11:38 PM, rm -rf said:

"it's not like I'll be editing 4K Footage" vs "I'll probably end up using this PC for the next 10-15 years"

CPU: Ummmm.... yeah, it'll bottleneck.

Memory: A high end build like this... for editing...

Headphones: I'm not talking about the aesthetics of the headphones, I'm talking about the quality.

Mobo: Being against a certain brand without reasoning...

And also, back to that earlier statement: "I'll probably end up using this PC for the next 10-15 years."

Things that existed 15 years ago:

1. Windows ME (Mistake Edition)

2. Windows XP was soon to be created

3. The beginning or DDR2

4. George W. Bush was president

5. You didn't exist

6. Pentium 4 Extreme Edition is what you'd be using

Have I made my point?

CPU: I don't exactly know how to figure out if a CPU will bottleneck or not, I ain't that good :P

Memory: I've added an extra 16 GB of RAM btw

Headphones: I've removed the headphones and got the Turtle Beach STEALTH 450 and the Audio Technica AT2020+ microphone.

Mobo: I've explained my reasons, I am not against it, I just do not prefer it.

How does listing things that existed 15 years ago relevant to this post?

1 hour ago, JacobGunther12 said:

CPU: I don't exactly know how to figure out if a CPU will bottleneck or not, I ain't that good :P

Memory: I've added an extra 16 GB of RAM btw

Headphones: I've removed the headphones and got the Turtle Beach STEALTH 450 and the Audio Technica AT2020+ microphone.

Mobo: I've explained my reasons, I am not against it, I just do not prefer it.

How does listing things that existed 15 years ago relevant to this post?

CPU: That CPU will bottleneck the GPU I think

Look at how much change has occurred in the last 10-15 years, your computer will not last "10-15 years"

16 hours ago, rm -rf said:

CPU: That CPU will bottleneck the GPU I think

Look at how much change has occurred in the last 10-15 years, your computer will not last "10-15 years"

CPU: think

You never know how long components will last, that's why you take care of what you have while you have it.

On 25/09/2016 at 2:18 AM, JacobGunther12 said:

CPU: think

You never know how long components will last, that's why you take care of what you have while you have it.

CPU: Think what?

Yes, i know these components won't last that long; the world changes a lot in 15 years, and Moore's Law says that the changing will speed up as well.

On 9/28/2016 at 8:17 PM, rm -rf said:

CPU: Think what?

Yes, i know these components won't last that long; the world changes a lot in 15 years, and Moore's Law says that the changing will speed up as well.

CPU: It was a quote from your OP

That's why you build a PC, to be able to upgrade parts in the future when needed. Also, I was exaggerating when I said 15 years, I meant more like 5-8 years.

40 minutes ago, JacobGunther12 said:

CPU: It was a quote from your OP

That's why you build a PC, to be able to upgrade parts in the future when needed. Also, I was exaggerating when I said 15 years, I meant more like 5-8 years.

It doesn't seem like you want help. These generous people on the forum are devoting time and effort to even CLICK on your post. Sometimes you have to be more open to suggestions, even if they don't fit your criteria. For example: You really are throwing away money on storage. Buy when you need more. Prices will go down over the years. When I started to post, I thought I knew a lot, and I didn't. I still don't know a lot of stuff either. On this forum there are experts in every category, and they are here to help. Once you learn more, you will look back to these days and figure out that sometimes, others will know more than you, which is just part of life.

Skyggeis Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" Hard Drive 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case Satin Black
PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular PSU
WiFi Card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2
Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Black 93.4 CFM
Other: Coolermaster VGA Holder
Other: Phanteks LED Strip 1M
Other: Phanteks Fan Splitter

Monitor: Dell S2716DG

5 hours ago, rphawks said:

It doesn't seem like you want help. These generous people on the forum are devoting time and effort to even CLICK on your post. Sometimes you have to be more open to suggestions, even if they don't fit your criteria. For example: You really are throwing away money on storage. Buy when you need more. Prices will go down over the years. When I started to post, I thought I knew a lot, and I didn't. I still don't know a lot of stuff either. On this forum there are experts in every category, and they are here to help. Once you learn more, you will look back to these days and figure out that sometimes, others will know more than you, which is just part of life.

I agree with you. I used to be like him. I thought everything that I had was fine until I read peoples suggestions and found that my parts were not right. @JacobGunther12 You need to listen to peoples suggestions. Are you going for the OVERKILL SSD's because your parents are paying for it? I sat here and read through this post and all you have done is denied people. Just listen to them and understand that everyone here has probably built computers before and knows more about it than you. Please just take their advice and DONT BUY THE STUPID SSD's.

The 850 pro isn't a bad idea, but the 2tb evo cost/benefit in this situation....

Also don't understand preparing for a scenario where it's a good idea to move the tower around enough to where HDD damage becomes a liability 

Also don't understand the strict need to adhere to PCPP TOS regarding OS...

Saving money on mostly unnecessary hardware (namely that 2tb drive) and spending it on slightly more beneficial hardware (like RAM for this use case) is an objective point of view that others can offer since they aren't blinded by your 'want'. That's something that at least deserves consideration when they are generally asked for their suggestion, not to be simply disregarded by 'yeah but I don't want that' followed by 'I already said I don't want that'.

CPU: AMD Sempron 2400+ / MOBO: Abit NF7-S2G / GPU: WinFast A180BT 64MB / RAM: Mushkin DDR333 256MBx2 / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 120GB

2 hours ago, Riles4365 said:

I agree with you. I used to be like him. I thought everything that I had was fine until I read peoples suggestions and found that my parts were not right. @JacobGunther12 You need to listen to peoples suggestions. Are you going for the OVERKILL SSD's because your parents are paying for it? I sat here and read through this post and all you have done is denied people. Just listen to them and understand that everyone here has probably built computers before and knows more about it than you. Please just take their advice and DONT BUY THE STUPID SSD's.

No, I denied people because I explained in OP why I didn't what to change a specific product, like CPU. It's not stupid, if you read, I never want to upgrade my SSD.

1 hour ago, meenmeen1103 said:

The 850 pro isn't a bad idea, but the 2tb evo cost/benefit in this situation....

Also don't understand preparing for a scenario where it's a good idea to move the tower around enough to where HDD damage becomes a liability 

Also don't understand the strict need to adhere to PCPP TOS regarding OS...

Saving money on mostly unnecessary hardware (namely that 2tb drive) and spending it on slightly more beneficial hardware (like RAM for this use case) is an objective point of view that others can offer since they aren't blinded by your 'want'. That's something that at least deserves consideration when they are generally asked for their suggestion, not to be simply disregarded by 'yeah but I don't want that' followed by 'I already said I don't want that'.

The reason I am following PCPP's TOS is because it is the best site for PC building. It explains what errors are gonna go wrong with your build and if you don't follow their TOS, they can perm-ban you.

You'd be suppressed how much storage I've used in my current PC to video games, I've used over 150 GB in a game called Garry's Mod. And 80 GB in just another single game (plus DLCs). I explained in OP why I didn't wanna change some products, like CPU and SSD, that's all I basically didn't wanna change. 

1 hour ago, JacobGunther12 said:

The reason I am following PCPP's TOS is because it is the best site for PC building. It explains what errors are gonna go wrong with your build and if you don't follow their TOS, they can perm-ban you.

You'd be suppressed how much storage I've used in my current PC to video games, I've used over 150 GB in a game called Garry's Mod. And 80 GB in just another single game (plus DLCs). I explained in OP why I didn't wanna change some products, like CPU and SSD, that's all I basically didn't wanna change. 

You know about that... PCPP is always under development. Sometimes, it isn't ALWAYS right. The dev does spend a lot of time, but you have to realize that new stuff comes out every day.

Skyggeis Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" Hard Drive 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Extreme
Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400S ATX Mid Tower Case Satin Black
PSU: Corsair RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular PSU
WiFi Card: Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2