Belkin AC1800 Orange Light

Zack Brown

Hey, I have a Belkin AC1800 which I use as a modem and a router. It worked fine but I left home for 2 weeks and when I came back, switched it on, the light didn't turn blue as it is supposed to... It turned orange.

I tried:

1. Plugging it out and in again after a while a couple of times.

2. Resetting it to factory settings.

3. Calling my ISP to make sure I have the right settings.

4. I'm 100% certain that I put it the correct ADSL username and password.

5. Updating firmware.

I'm lost now... Any help would be greatly appreciated as the internet has been out for 11 hours now.

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

28 minutes ago, crashahotrod said:

Picture of light

Instead of blue it's orange 

image.jpeg

CPU: Intel i7-6700k - GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW - Motherboard: Asus Z170-A - RAM: Vengeance LPX DDR4 16GB 3000MHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro GTX H110i - PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA 650W P2 - Case: NZXT H440 White/Black - OS: Windows 10 Home - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red RGB

From what I have read if the router is amber, it means it didn't detect the modem.

Make sure you have turned on your modem or give it a restart.

Otherwise try the following:

Connect your pc to the router to LAN port and open up the browser and type 192.168.2.1

Login

Click on connection type:  If cable ISP, select dynamic and click next.  For DSL click PPPoE and Proceed with UN and PWD from ISP.

It should now say connected on the top right corner.

Rebooting modem and router if fails.

Configuration link

Credit to hbk from yahoo answers

20 minutes ago, Curlz said:

From what I have read if the router is amber, it means it didn't detect the modem.

Make sure you have turned on your modem or give it a restart.

Otherwise try the following:

Connect your pc to the router to LAN port and open up the browser and type 192.168.2.1

Login

Click on connection type:  If cable ISP, select dynamic and click next.  For DSL click PPPoE and Proceed with UN and PWD from ISP.

It should now say connected on the top right corner.

Rebooting modem and router if fails.

Configuration link

Credit to hbk from yahoo answers

I already tried that 

34 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

I already tried that 

So you are using the Belkin AC1800DB as a router, what is your modem?

8 minutes ago, Curlz said:

So you are using the Belkin AC1800DB as a router, what is your modem?

That is a router and a modem in the same time

9 minutes ago, Zack Brown said:

That is a router and a modem in the same time

According to the manual for the AC 1800DB, this is only a router and not a modem router.

The instructions in the manual states you need to connect your modem to the AC 1800DB.

Manual Reference

13 hours ago, Curlz said:

According to the manual for the AC 1800DB, this is only a router and not a modem router.

The instructions in the manual states you need to connect your modem to the AC 1800DB.

Manual Reference

Nevermind. I figured out that the problem was that the house phone line was not working.

Thanks anyways.