New Build Help

MannyGames

Hi there,

I just singed up to this forum so don;t be to hard on me please :P

I'm a not to experienced guy from The Netherlands and i was curious to what you think about a gaming setup i made. It's non existent as of now but i'm planning on building it in the near future. 

6939ec9c8a.png

Let me know what you think!!

(Other harddrives will be included but salvaged from my old rig.)

12 hours ago, MannyGames said:

Hi there,

I just singed up to this forum so don;t be to hard on me please :P

I'm a not to experienced guy from The Netherlands and i was curious to what you think about a gaming setup i made. It's non existent as of now but i'm planning on building it in the near future. 

6939ec9c8a.png

Let me know what you think!!

(Other harddrives will be included but salvaged from my old rig.)

d=gud build

MF UH BEANS

I think it looks great. I was going to say something about additional storage, but missed your last sentence the first time.

Make sure your Corsair water cooler comes with the correct backplate. Had a friend order one, for whatever reason, it didn't have a backplate for 1151 socket. He wasn't aware since he didn't know what he was doing, and used the sticky foam to secure the wrong get plate to his board. Just double check.

I'm not an expert on PSU, but I know there are some models of Corsair PSU that many here try to keep users away from. It looks like it has good reviewz. Maybe someone who knows better can elaborate if needed.

But looks nice.

very good build. nothing wrong with it. although i think 750W will be enough for this system. you plan to sli in the future?

Wow Thanks ^^

I am pointing my nose towards the future YES!, I always want to keep the option of adding hardware open.

But there is 1 thing i'm struggling with, I put in a Samsung 750 250 GB SSD... There is however a M.2 slot on the motherboard. I wanted to put one of those drives in.. buuuut my question is, does it work under NVMe... I'm not really sure on how this works. See i don't want to invest in a M.s SSD if it runs over SATA 6Gb/s. 

The motherboard supports PCIe mode and so does the SSD i'm willing to buy but my concern is doe s it run over 4 PCIe lanes?? It would be a damn shame if i bought one that doen't run at it's full potential!

Thank you for replying!

7 minutes ago, MannyGames said:

Wow Thanks ^^

I am pointing my nose towards the future YES!, I always want to keep the option of adding hardware open.

But there is 1 thing i'm struggling with, I put in a Samsung 750 250 GB SSD... There is however a M.2 slot on the motherboard. I wanted to put one of those drives in.. buuuut my question is, does it work under NVMe... I'm not really sure on how this works. See i don't want to invest in a M.s SSD if it runs over SATA 6Gb/s. 

The motherboard supports PCIe mode and so does the SSD i'm willing to buy but my concern is doe s it run over 4 PCIe lanes?? It would be a damn shame if i bought one that doen't run at it's full potential!

Thank you for replying!

M.2 is NVME. It uses PCIe interface, not SATA. It isn't restricted by SATA.

quote:

There is a bottleneck, however the SATA interface only bottlenecks the sequential transfer speeds. In most other workflows, such as 4k random r/w, SSDs don't even come close to approaching the bottleneck of the SATA interface. You can get PCI-E SSDs like the Plextor M6e and the ASUS RAIDR. These drives have shown potential to be faster than SATA III drives, but only in sequential operations. Here is a performance analysis of the RAIDR, which is not much better than most SATA SSDs. We also have a LTT user review of the speed of the RAIDR.

The NVMe standard is designed to replace the old AHCI standard, and performance of drives that support it show significantly better performance in all categories -- see the review of the Intel 750 for a current example.

source:

section:

Will a PCI-E or NVMe SSD get me around the SATA bottleneck?

here is the answer to ur question. In my own opinion, sata SSD is the most cost beneficial one. unless you are doing a loads of read/ write (exotically sequential), theres no point of paying more for pcie or nvme ssds.