I want to know all the tricks

KameBuilds

Im building my first pc from scratch (I usually just upgrade the hard drive and switch out the ram every now and again) and i need to know all the tricks and/or tips here is a list of my parts

1. AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor bundled with an Asus 970 ATM AM3+ Motherbord

2. Two sticks of DDR3 Team Vulcan 8gb RAM

3. 1TB HDD

4. Zotac GeForce GTX 750 To 2GB Video Card

5. NZXT S340 ATX Case

6.SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze psu

When giving me tips on the build or how to make it better keep in mind that AMD is my prefrence even if intel can out preform it and that this is a budget build of about $600 im only willing to go up maybe another $50 to $100. Tho this community is awesome and very knowledgeable :) and helped me with this build to begin with. I look forward to seeing what you guys have for me.

P.S. Im planning on putting LEDs around the class panel in the future and a water cooler to make it look awesome in the dark is this a good idea?

2 minutes ago, KameBuilds said:

Im building my first pc from scratch (I usually just upgrade the hard drive and switch out the ram every now and again) and i need to know all the tricks and/or tips here is a list of my parts

1. AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor bundled with an Asus 970 ATM AM3+ Motherbord

3. 1TB HDD

5. NZXT S340 ATX Case

When giving me tips on the build or how to make it better keep in mind that AMD is my prefrence even if intel can out preform it and that this is a budget build of about $600 im only willing to go up maybe another $50 to $100. Tho this community is awesome and very knowledgeable :) and helped me with this build to begin with. I look forward to seeing what you guys have for me.

P.S. Im planning on putting LEDs around the class panel in the future and a water cooler to make it look awesome in the dark is this a good idea?

anything under the 750ti is not worth getting.

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

anything under the 750ti is not worth getting.

so is a 750ti ok or is it below the benchmark 

1. Get a core i5.

The amd fx cpu's are old and slow and hot.

2. Id get a faster gpu if you can. Look at a amd 470

Id get a ssd if you can.

If you are looking for a good "value" in a GPU, look no further than here:
passmark value[link]

Just keep in mind its not absolute and is only a "rule of thumb" comparison.

I think you should shoot for the GTX 950 or higher.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

1. Get a core i5.

The amd fx cpu's are old and slow and hot.

2. Id get a faster gpu if you can. Look at a amd 470

Id get a ssd if you can.

Im going with the cpu that i have bc its bundled with my mother board ill upgrade to something better in the future but its something for me to upgrade tho i am totally down with getting a faster gpu. and as for the ssd i really want to get one but i can get an HDD for a forth of the price

Just now, KameBuilds said:

Im going with the cpu that i have bc its bundled with my mother board ill upgrade to something better in the future

AMD CPU currently suck. A i3 is much faster.

Just get a 6500 or a 6100.

SSD's are so much faster. Id highly recommend one.

2 minutes ago, KameBuilds said:

Im going with the cpu that i have bc its bundled with my mother board ill upgrade to something better in the future but its something for me to upgrade tho i am totally down with getting a faster gpu. and as for the ssd i really want to get one but i can get an HDD for a forth of the price

you cant get a better cpu on that motherboard

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

AMD CPU currently suck. A i3 is much faster.

Just get a 6500 or a 6100.

SSD's are so much faster. Id highly recommend one.

I cant get an ssd bc they are so expensive compared to hdd

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

you cant get a better cpu on that motherboard

ok then how much better can i get in my price range

1 minute ago, KameBuilds said:

I cant get an ssd bc they are so expensive compared to hdd

you buy a 120gb ssd and an 1tb harddrive

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

you buy a 120gb ssd and an 1tb harddrive

have the OS installed on which one?

so if you get a i3 with the corresponding motherboard it would allow you to get an i5 or i7 later down the line.

how about this motherboard https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-Motherboard-Micro-DDR4-GA-B150M-D3H-GSM/dp/B014Z7IY92

and this cpu https://www.amazon.com/Intel-BX80662I36100-i3-6100-Cache-Processor/dp/B015VPX2EO/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1473999392&sr=1-1&keywords=6100?

The ssd

the small one HOWEVER, 120GB is way too small to be "worth it" I'd recommend a 240GB for boot so you can be more liberal in programs installed on the SSD (which'll boot up really fast. consequently in addition to OS)  I currently use 182GB of 291GB on my C: partition for an SSD.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

so if you get a i3 with the corresponding motherboard it would allow you to get an i5 or i7 later down the line.

5 minutes ago, zMeul said:

would an i5 be more expensive then the amd fx?

18 minutes ago, KameBuilds said:

3. 1TB HDD

5. NZXT S340 ATX Case

If AMD is your preference, you should try getting an RX 460 then. It'll cost about $20-$30 more than that Zotac card, but it's newer and better. I'd also consider waiting on Zen if you're only going to get an AMD processor. Unless you need a lot of cores for something like rendering, Intel's options at around that price point have better price to gaming performance at the moment.

Also, if you're using two 8 GB DIMMs for a total of 16 GB, I doubt you'll really ever need to upgrade your RAM.

1 minute ago, Kavawuvi said:

If AMD is your preference, you should try getting an RX 460 then. It'll cost about $20-$30 more than that Zotac card, but it's newer and better. I'd also consider waiting on Zen if you're only going to get an AMD processor. Unless you need a lot of cores for something like rendering, Intel's options have better price to gaming performance.

Also, if you're using two 8 GB DIMMs for a total of 16 GB, I doubt you'll really ever need to upgrade your RAM.

only to show off xD and i spend alot of time on blender and unity 

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hxt28K take a look at this build. you would get a much better pc for around your price range

I'd like to note that you can also get the GTX 1060 3GB for the same price as the RX 470.  And yes, the 1060 is the faster choice.
[link to such an available model]

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Hxt28K take a look at this build. you would get a much better pc for around your price range

8 minutes ago, Kavawuvi said:

If AMD is your preference, you should try getting an RX 460 then. It'll cost about $20-$30 more than that Zotac card, but it's newer and better. I'd also consider waiting on Zen if you're only going to get an AMD processor. Unless you need a lot of cores for something like rendering, Intel's options at around that price point have better price to gaming performance at the moment.

8 minutes ago, zMeul said:

10 minutes ago, Weak1ings said:

the small one HOWEVER, 120GB is way too small to be "worth it" I'd recommend a 240GB for boot so you can be more liberal in programs installed on the SSD (which'll boot up really fast. consequently in addition to OS)  I currently use 182GB of 291GB on my C: partition for an SSD.

10 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I am fine with spending the extra on the i5 and the RX 460 thats with in my budget i can upgrade later however and i plan to

Just now, Weak1ings said:

I'd like to note that you can also get the GTX 1060 3GB for the same price as the RX 470.  And yes, the 1060 is the faster choice.

i was actually just looking at that.