"Dehumidifier Function" on my BIOS screen?

Gravemind
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Yep.

I've never seen anything like that before. I didn't notice it when I was building my system, but my Asrock 970m Pro3 motherboard apparently has a dehumidifier function built in?

Can somebody explain this to me? Will my computer just... turn itself on it it gets too humid inside?

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

Yep.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Huh, well how about that. The video was about as fun to watch as seeing childbirth, but that answered everything. Thanks mate.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

18 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

- snip -

I found that video from a google search after I saw my Asrock motherboard had a dehumidifier feature.

After watching it I still couldn't tell if Asrock were just trolling us or if they were serious. Either way I had a good laugh.

I am doubtful of the benefit of this 'feature'. It certainly isn't needed for me as humidity is not an issue where I live.

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

I found that video from a google search after I saw my Asrock motherboard had a dehumidifier feature.

After watching it I still couldn't tell if Asrock were just trolling us or if they were serious. Either way I had a good laugh.

I am doubtful of the benefit of this 'feature'. It certainly isn't needed for me as humidity is not an issue where I live.

Well, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.