X5670 Overclocking with a EVGA X58 SLI Motherboard. Need Help

45 minutes ago, DunePilot said:

1473981965970-1714690004.jpg

Clock ratio and host frequency is where you are going to set your overclock, its currently 133 you probably should try 196... 196 X 22 = 4312...  a 4.3GHz OC. 

Now when you adjust your bus speed it will increase your ram speed as well, so you will probably need to change the "divider" that it is using. 196 X 8= 1568Mhz.

Yeah, I know that is multiplication but for whatever reason it's known as your ram divider. 

You also need to increase your voltages, increase your VCore to 1.375 (you can try to lower it to 1.35 later on to dial it in). and your Vtt... you need to bump it up but I don't know what it's at... yours has it set up different... I would say doing the +125mv option should be fine. Without going into advanced options theres a view that shows you all your current clocks and temps, it might show what Vtt is currently running at, if you can figure it out try to get it to 1.335v or slightly under, since we don't know just try the +125mv option.

So when you say my bus speeds, are you referring to the host frequency, or is that something else I have to change? Also how do I change the divider, what is that under?

10 minutes ago, ThaDon said:

So when you say my bus speeds, are you referring to the host frequency, or is that something else I have to change? Also how do I change the divider, what is that under?

Host frequency, front side bus, FSB, all the same thing yeah. 

The divider is going to be somewhere in the ram settings or on the same page as your bus speed settings and QPI ratio and stuff usually. Stock speeds will be 133 using a 10 divider 133X10= 1330 i.e. 1333, which is default fail safe ram speeds. 

Watch through my videos a few times and look at my settings, you just have to see what I've done and what I've told you and translate that into your settings on your MB which are slightly different. You know that you need to change bus and multi, you know you need to change ram divider so its down around the 1600s and not near 2000, you know you need to up the voltages... figure it out, save it to a profile, give it a try and see if it boots, if it doesn't reset CMOS and change some things up and try again.