DDR3 RAM interfering with my GPU drivers Help anyone?

I decided last week that my wee machine needed a bit of tlc as I havent added anything to it since i built it two and a half years ago. My specs are;

MOBO- Gigabyte Z77-ud5h

CPU- intel core i5 3570K

GPU- amd radeon hd 7850

RAM- 8GB corsair vengeance

Storage- 1TB HDD, 250 GB SSD

Power- 750W

So my first though was, upgrade the RAM it'll be easy, how wrong I was. I bought the same RAM as already in my current machine 8GB worth of Corsair Vengeance to increase the memory to 16GB but as soon as I installed the memory my GPU drivers cut out, killing my second monitor, and every time i tried to install them again, either, my GPU wasnt being registered or they installed and when I restarted my pc i got a big ol' BSOD (apologies I cant remember the error code). After about 2 hours of tinkering about, trying to adjust voltage to memory which I couldn't seem to access (me being an idiot most likely), I finally uninstalled the new ram, leaving only the old stuff in and what do you know. Boots perfectly, I install the drivers, restart, second screen comes back to life and amd settings show my drivers are up to date (Crimson). Now I would just like to ask if anyone knows what it causing this and how I could go about fixing it, I doubt it is the RAM as it was being registered when I installed it as "memory - 16GB" in comp properties but I might return it just to see if it was indeed faulty. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I know I've probably left out some information that would be helpful but I'm not the most experienced with hardware, this being the only pc ive built so far but hopefully I've given enough to give you guys an idea as to what is going on and see if you can help me figure out how to fix it. Why isn't anything ever simple eh?

- B

Updates bios aswell? Sadly even the same stuff doesn't always work nice together. But might be an settigns issue still in this case. Have you resetted bios to factory setings? You used the correct RAM slots? single and dual channel setup might be borked up with your tries.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list