need help finding a gaming cpu

i have an ASUS P5G41T-M LX PLUS motherboard and would like a quad core processor that can be fan cooled and has a good clock speed. about what an Intel i5 processor dose. but i don't know the the right chip set or where to look for a processor like that please help

4 minutes ago, testjhonny said:

i have an ASUS P5G41T-M LX PLUS motherboard and would like a quad core processor that can be fan cooled and has a good clock speed. about what an Intel i5 processor dose. but i don't know the the right chip set or where to look for a processor like that please help

THat mobo is old AF, from the LGA775 era. It doesn't support Core iX CPUs, it only supports the ones listed here. Which you can conveniently use to ebay hunt every Q model supported for the best balance between clocks and price.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

9 minutes ago, testjhonny said:

Budget? I believe it supports the Intel Core 2 quad series which are quad core, although very old (Close to Bloomfield in speed I believe). Dont know where you would find them as they are long out of date. Ebay perhaps? It might just be better to save up and upgrade to a new motherboard and CPU if you cant find anything. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Well, thats a old board, and will be much slower than a new one, but if you really want a cpu

A q9450 should work. They can be found on ebay for less than 30 usd

If you have some more money, id suggest getting a new board and a i5 6500

you only have  that  part?  or  you will buy ram-psu-vga if is this    you  can pass   on that system  and invest    for  a  new  one, or  buy a  used  pc  that have  i5 or  i7  second generation  they are cheap.

Just now, JeJaRaLa said:

you only have  that  part?  or  you will buy ram-psu-vga if is this    you  can pass   on that system  and invest    for  a  new  one

it has a dual core at 3.2 ghz with 2gb of ram and a sata hard drive of 1 terabit and i also resently added a graphics card of 2 gb. its a evga geforce gtx 750 ti sc that i got for free and  it works.

right now

Just now, testjhonny said:

it has a dual core at 3.2 ghz with 2gb of ram and a sata hard drive of 1 terabit and i also resently added a graphics card of 2 gb. its a evga geforce gtx 750 ti sc that i got for free and  it works.

right now

you  can buy the  best and cheap core2quad  you find  and add more  ram  that will  be  the best boost  for you system.

thank you. that is what intend to do i just didn't know what kind of cpu to get.

3 minutes ago, testjhonny said:

right now

If possible, then, you'd be better off with a full CPU + mobo + RAM upgrade. You'd already have to buy new RAM anyways, might as well just take the chance to get an upgrade to something more modern.

If you can, something like this will do nicely. Otherwise, hunting the used market for the cheapest H81 mobo and LGA 1150 Pentium G32xx would be your next best bet.

2 minutes ago, testjhonny said:

thank you. that is what intend to do i just didn't know what kind of cpu to get.

Also, please quote other people  when responding to them (just like I did right now), otherwise they might not see your response.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

i don't know how to quote people yet. sorry i just joined this site today. well i need to get to bed now, its 2 am where i am. but your replys have bin really helpful and thank you a lot. i will be back to check on this stuff in the morning and sorry i cant stay long.

5 hours ago, testjhonny said:

That motherboard only supports LGA775 CPUs. This chipset doesn't have very good current gaming processors. You could find a good deal on eBay or get a refurbished processor which should be cheap but I can't recommend anything really specific. To be honest (if you have the money to spend) I think you should get a more updated motherboard and an i5-6600 or so. But if you don't have $350 to spend that's fine.

7 hours ago, testjhonny said:

i don't know how to quote people yet. sorry i just joined this site today. well i need to get to bed now, its 2 am where i am. but your replys have bin really helpful and thank you a lot. i will be back to check on this stuff in the morning and sorry i cant stay long.

See the little left arrow below every post? That's the quote button. You can use that if you only want to quote 1 post.

If you'd like to quote multiple people in one response, use the + button instead.

3 hours ago, Imakuni said:

See the little left arrow below every post? That's the quote button. You can use that if you only want to quote 1 post.

If you'd like to quote multiple people in one response, use the + button instead.

thanks